Habs'ing the NHL: Alternates (Vancouver added)

colinturner95

17 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I think there needs to be more black on the away for Anaheim, but otherwise, it's great.

CppofNh.png

I didn't add a whole lot more black right away, this time I just changed the color of the collar to black. 

I also have the next team ready, the NHL's newest franchise: The Vegas Golden Knights: 

LCSOkyu.png fnLvSNZ.png 

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I love the Knights branding and uniforms. The use of grey, the logos, even the white gloves. I like it a lot. So not a whole lot changed for the Habs'ing of the Knights. Biggest changes were the addition of a red outline to the logo, and I haven't seen a hi-res version of the font (numbers look like a standard block, but I couldn't tell on the letters), plus I was itching to use a new font and so I did and I thought it fit the look pretty well. The away NOB and numbers are black instead of grey and this way there's more black on the away jersey. That's really about it for VGK. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ducks and Knights identities don't really gel with this treatment.  They're a little too on the modern side.  That being said, I'm shocked at how many teams look really great with the Habs-esque chest-stripe.  When you first started the series I was skeptical but you've proved me wrong.

On 8/24/2017 at 5:11 PM, Morgo said:

The Ducks and Knights identities don't really gel with this treatment.  They're a little too on the modern side.  That being said, I'm shocked at how many teams look really great with the Habs-esque chest-stripe.  When you first started the series I was skeptical but you've proved me wrong.

I've always felt that hockey teams could utilize more chest stripes and sash designs. With Minnesota and Florida using them, I think that more and more teams could start using them as well, even if its just on an alternate. That being said, thank you for the kind words. I always enjoy seeing your hand drawn designs because they always look amazing. 

and speaking of Minnesota: 

3PcgUfQ.png q9btRKR.png 

I love the new green uniform for Minnesota, even if the chest stripe doesn't match the sleeves. What I don't love is that Minnesota insists on not being able to match. I took care of that with these. I based these off the new Adidas uniforms obviously. Major differences on the home jerseys is that the red stripe from the sleeves now carries over to the chest. On the road uniform, I dropped the green yoke. I didn't think that it really meshed with the look. I matched the stripe across the uniforms, with the red being in the middle. My only concern is that the red and green might not have enough contrast. Other than that, not a whole lot more to say. Socks have the same stripes as the jerseys. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I personally hate the new WIld jerseys, but these are nice(the red numbers on the road J are my favorite part). The on thing i dont like is, the red striping on the road jerseys blends in to much with the green.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:49 PM, EJaws said:

I personally hate the new WIld jerseys, but these are nice(the red numbers on the road J are my favorite part). The on thing i dont like is, the red striping on the road jerseys blends in to much with the green.

That was one concern I had. These are a couple other ideas I had before I went with the green w/red stripes: 

MsPCv0q.png  FvHCWyn.png

Pretty simple, one has no red in the stripes, the other has the off white in the stripes instead of red. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

12 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

That was one concern I had. These are a couple other ideas I had before I went with the green w/red stripes: 

MsPCv0q.png  FvHCWyn.png

Pretty simple, one has no red in the stripes, the other has the off white in the stripes instead of red. 

I'd pick the second option, with the thinner green stripe filled red.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

After looking at how amazing these all turned out to be, I think that the Habs officially have the greatest hockey uniforms ever lol.

Personal favorite is probably Ottawa. Its really everything they should be. The 2D logo is far superior to the current one and the color balance is perfect.

Amazing work on this whole series!!

I think Minnesota has had enough attention for now, so now we are moving on to Columbus

sg9CucA.png uQkLku4.png 

I actually thought that Columbus was gonna go for a total refresh of their uniforms with Adidas taking over. I personally see nothing wrong with their uniforms now, but it felt like a change was in the works. And then they just changed fonts. Which I personally like to be honest. But anyways, on to the Habs'ing. I I really liked how this one turned out. I used the same pattern they use on their current uniforms, flipped it 90 degrees and made it a horizontal stripe instead of a vertical stripe. I included the star in the stripe, like they have at the end of the sleeves. I used the new font, (thought I think i didn't match it exactly, but got damn close) and there really isn't much more to say here :D

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

15 hours ago, T-Bird91 said:

Personally, I'm a big fan of what you did with CBJ.  Do you know the name of the new font?  I can't seem to find it anywhere

The font I found was TT Octas. It's a case of close but not quite. The width of the letters are off from what they use, and I don't think the numbers are the exact same. Maybe I just used the wrong weight of the font. But that's what I found that was the closest. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:10 AM, bkknight95 said:

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! I don't have the next team ready just yet, but I'm bumping this to see if I get a little more C&C on Columbus. 

I think Columbus works great, maybe even the best, probably the one that would work right now to upgrade their set (which needs it).  Love that the stripes are actually the same on both jerseys, though perhaps a thicker outline on the numbers to help them separate more.

I love this series, but for me, the obvious is that the chest stripe works great for teams that have contrasting pants.  Columbus, Philly, Anaheim, etc.  Otherwise, you get a big wall of color between the chest and socks stripes.  I think this same rule applies to hem stripes too.  I am okay with SJ not having a hemstripe, because they have contrasting pants.  But the Kings home, and the old TB and NYI alternates... no bueno. 

Conversely, I think your ARI home jersey would make a phenomenal set if it was maroon instead of black.  Likewise, if the Jets were light blue.

School is a nightmare. Sorry it took me so long to get Chicago posted: 

5q9hpAu.png dzIeAED.png 

Collars aside, the Blackhawks did what everyone expected them to do with the Adidas changeover. The look isn't broken, so they didn't try and fix it (Looking at you New Jersey). Anyways, for the Habs'ing, I made a few minor changes. Switched to a tie down collar, and put the crossed tomahawk logos on the stripes. Other than that, I didn't really change a whole lot. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Hopefully this thread isn't dead :o

CHKQP53.png NJQ52Aa.png 

The defending champs gave me more of a challenge than I had previously thought. In trying to keep each team unique, I struggled with doing that for the Pens. But in the end I think I came up with something that works. So I worked mostly off my simplified version of their uniforms I made for my last NHL concept series. I kept the colored upper sleeves and used a skinnied down version of the home hem stripes as the basis for the chest stripes. Also, because its the first logo I hand drew and turned in for a grade, plus I think it's a good logo, Robo-Penguin makes an appearance on the shoulders. 

C&C welcome for Chicago and Pittsburgh. Washington will be up soon and then we can get started on the alternates and special event uniforms :lol:

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived