Oklahoma City Thunder - 2017 Nike Concept

sagermichael

Everyone seems to hate everything about the Oklahoma City Thunder's image. I'll admit, the logo needs to change. But the colors, name, court, and jerseys always looked nice to me. I am an Atlanta Hawks fan by birth (born in Atlanta) and an OKC Thunder fan by adoption (going to college in Oklahoma). I am not a Photoshop god, but when creating these uniforms I wanted to keep them simple yet provide a touch that an OKC resident would appreciate. I'm sure somebody could do a better job editing than me but look past the technical flaws and focus on the idea. I removed all stripes and different colors from colors, cuffs, and sides. I focused on the blues, orange, white, and black while dropping the yellow. I gave the Thunder a uniqe font instead of the arial letters they use right now. On the back of the jerseys, a brick pattern can be seen, a reference to the Bricktown district of Oklahoma City. As far as the alternate jersey goes, Loud City is the nickname for the city's fans. Again, focus on the idea and not my rough sketch version. But I feel like my design is simple yet effective, but also unique to the Thunder. Give me your thoughts.5952992168fe5_nikethunderconcept.jpg.cded8a807074f0159ffd82c239249f9c.jpg5952992abf48f_nikethunderconcept2.jpg.fea9759f5b138418c4d2ff1f89952eed.jpg595299310c407_nikethunderconcept3.jpg.8c74127c236ac250dcd0cbc51f3c6293.jpg

I get the reason for the bricks, but I think the navy panel on the back is too much, use the same flag blue for it and it's not bad. Also, Thunder doesn't use any black in their scheme, so go with Navy or the Sunset Orange for the Loud City jersey.

A have a few thoughts.

• These jerseys are extremely simple. It's basically a plain jersey and shorts. The bricks are fine, but they are an afterthought.
  • My first thought was that the navy section on the back was just illustrating the fact that it has the pattern. Is it supposed to be navy? If so, it would look better if you dropped that.
  • A navy number on a royal jersey is going to be hard to read. I would stick to white.
  • I've never heard the "Loud City" nickname. Personally, I don't like nicknames on uniforms, but this one is as good as any.
  • Why add a black jersey?
  • Before you post a concept, take a little time and clean up the rough edges. Make it look nice and clean before you post it. You will get a better response.

8 hours ago, Ben5 said:
  • I've never heard the "Loud City" nickname. Personally, I don't like nicknames on uniforms, but this one is as good as any.

Loud City dates back to when we hosted the Hornets. They were starting the whole Buzz City deal before the Hurricane, and when they were here, Oklahoma City became Loud City because of the fans in the arena. Now, the upper level, cheap seats are called Loud City in honor of it.

16 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I get the reason for the bricks, but I think the navy panel on the back is too much, use the same flag blue for it and it's not bad. Also, Thunder doesn't use any black in their scheme, so go with Navy or the Sunset Orange for the Loud City jersey.

I just realized that the lining on the jerseys is navy and not black lol. But honestly I wouldn't change it. I'm okay with incorporating black in their color scheme

15 hours ago, Ben5 said:

A have a few thoughts.

• These jerseys are extremely simple. It's basically a plain jersey and shorts. The bricks are fine, but they are an afterthought.
  • My first thought was that the navy section on the back was just illustrating the fact that it has the pattern. Is it supposed to be navy? If so, it would look better if you dropped that.
  • A navy number on a royal jersey is going to be hard to read. I would stick to white.
  • Why add a black jersey?
  • Before you post a concept, take a little time and clean up the rough edges. Make it look nice and clean before you post it. You will get a better response.

Thanks for the feedback. To touch on a few of your points, Simple is often better in my opinion (Michigan, Celtics, etc.) I prefer the clean look. Looking back, the navy will be dropped and made about the same color as the rest of the jersey. I'll touch up all of the uniforms. Black jerseys just look cool lol. I'd also like to incorporate a little bit of black into their color scheme. Also just realized the lining on the sides of the uniforms are navy and not black. And thanks again, I'll get to work and learn better programs and fix my mistakes.

I agree that simple looks can look great. But look at the difference between the shorts of the two teams you mentioned and the ones you posted.

I prefer navy over black for the Thunder, but just black is certainly better than black AND navy.

Good luck. Don't rush things; take time and make them something you can be proud of. I've been doing concepts for a long time now, and it is more fun now that I am good with the tools I work with. Stick to it!

Archived