UNLV new logo

Derek

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, The AFC South said:

It took me a minute to see what was going on in the logo. Now that I see it, it's very clever and makes good use of negative space.

Can you explain what's clever to you aside from using negative space? Not being a dick, just curious if I'm missing something.

7 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Can you explain what's clever to you aside from using negative space? Not being a dick, just curious if I'm missing something.

I think the shape mimics the famous Las Vegas sign. The placement of the star is similar too. That's the first thing I saw before even noticing the moustache of the Rebel. Curious to know if there are more aspects that I missed too though...

vegas.png.325a95913b8bfc640050bfc5344130b2.png unlv.png.7b7865b6944bc21e82ca1fce802e8d11.png

8 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Welcome to Las Vegas sign, Spring Mountains (I think), rebel. It seems pretty clever. Not Minnesota Wild level but still a decent mark nonetheless. 

EDIT: Gobbi beat me to it.

I like the Vegas sign/star and negative space 'stache, but the bottom left loses me... after all those great details everywhere else, it feels like they threw a few little spikes in there to clumsily convey motion and called it a day... maybe it was necessary to properly define the jawline?

EDIT: Mountains on either side of the head, another nice touch!

35 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I like the Vegas sign/star and negative space 'stache, but the bottom left loses me... after all those great details everywhere else, it feels like they threw a few little spikes in there to clumsily convey motion and called it a day... maybe it was necessary to properly define the jawline?

EDIT: Mountains on either side of the head, another nice touch!

It's Hey Reb's bandana, according to the school. Having it gray instead of red is what throws it off.

11 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

It's Hey Reb's bandana, according to the school. Having it gray instead of red is what throws it off.

Having it be gray is a small problem compared to not making it look like an actual bandana.  That's what throws it off.  Why does it curve away from the neck?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Trash. Just like the institution. 

Ehhh it's not so bad. Give me another year and I'll let you know how I feel.

This logo is fantastic. The sign, the mountains, and the Reb all seem to work somehow. The bandana thing is the only aspect I can't quite wrap my head around yet.

Archived