HuntTheJones

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid that a rebrand is impossible at this point, but, I would like some input in the upgrades to what I have to work with. I think the green does wonders for the gator vs. the original gold in the first color set of the mandated logo.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, HuntTheJones said:

I'm afraid that a rebrand is impossible at this point, but, I would like some input in the upgrades to what I have to work with. I think the green does wonders for the gator vs. the original gold in the first color set of the mandated logo.

Yeah that green looks sharp with the school's colors 

• 3 weeks later...

Your designs really are great. The design they chose is lesser in almost every aspect, and even your modifications of it are superior.

Would love to see your take on other high schools. The quality you've produced is definitely good enough to be a school's official marks.

That AD needs to be fired ASAP (assuming the AD is the one who picked the logos).  Your concept is just SO much better.  Just comparing their logos to the summer ball jersey with your logo.  It is MILES better than their trash.

Oh, and i prefer the white outline.  It stands out more so i personally prefer that.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

One thing I have learned from my years on this site is that us designers (on this site, myself included) lean towards a slightly more cartoonish, folksy design style, probably because we have such a reverence for the great designs of the past... the logo the team chose feels grittier and tougher, albeit it in a less artistic form... such is the duality of creating art for expression and consumption - its a shame the department did not reach out and collaborate more directly

Both of your renditions look good, but I also think the one with the white outline pops more. You should try it with different backgrounds as well though, to get a better feel for how it looks in different applications.

Edit/

The comment was regarding your previous renderings. I did not open the last page of this thread. ^_^

• 7 months later...

*UPDATE* 

I know it has been a while since the last reply on this board, and I apologize for resurrecting it if I shouldn't, but here goes.  

I was able to update the logo to my variation of it, and move my Walking Gator to the status of a secondary.  The wordmark that I created is also catching on.

The first area that my updated version appears on is the Baseball cap.  We were granted the ability to have three this year for our three colors and here is how they turned out:

103wrp2.jpg

While not ideal, still better than what could have been in my opinion.

While my wordmark is gaining popularity, I was also approached about creating an "official" script using the new logo as the "G" in the script.  Taking what I was given, this is my best attempt to make it work:

28it014.png

29zu3hj.png

ab0yll.png

While it's not my favorite, I think I can stomach it given I have no choice.  But I was also granted permission to explore alternate forms of script and logo for one-off type uniforms, events, and throwbacks.  So given the green light (no pun intended) we (the other baseball coach and myself) have decided to take a shot at the long rumored, never gone-through-with green garment.  With us it will take the form of a summer jersey, because (just incase it's ill received) in the summer "we don't take our uniforms too seriously."

23l0d3d.png

That's all the update I have time for right now, but as soon as I can/have more official updates I will post them.  C&C appreciated as always!

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Another Update:  As I said, summer baseball can be a time for fun uniforms and leniency with logos, so I took advantage and pushed across an alternate for our summer hat.  Here is the result.  It's my high school take on the Florida primary!  C&C appreciated! 

Hn105QV.png

spacer.png

Archived