This is Where I will post my concepts for potential Outdoor Games that I think the NHL should consider, and will even write mini proposals

We start off with a crazy idea I has for a Florida outdoor game, a stadium series probably. First off, it would take place in Raymond James Stadium (the Bucs home), which in the winter can go down to as low as 40 F, perfect to sustain ice for a perfect amount of time. With some nice planning, this would not be much of a hassle. As to why to do this you ask? These two teams are very unknown and do not have any attention going to them. A NBCSN game and outdoor game in Florida would attract much press attention. Also although I do not agree with most southern market NHL teams, I feel that Tampa Bay has a very passionate fan base and does deserve this. Now for the aesthetics of it, the Florida Panthers whole theming would be around the sun and heat, as they do represent most of Florida and many of their logos do indeed. For this I made the Panthers uniforms have the rays of the sun on the bottom stripe as well as more red and yellow then usual. The Lightnings uniform have the grey color of storm clouds, using all 4 of their colors rather then just 2. For the actual presentation of the arena the arena would be set up with palm trees all around the outskirts similar Minnesota's pine tree display. There would be a small picture above the arena of a sun facing off against a storm, pushing against one another. This would be between the logos. When the Bolts come out lightning coils will activate as they walk in. When the Panthers walk in fire will erupt followed by gold-ish smoke. Worst case scenario it all melts. Also I feel its only appropriate to have both team goal horns go off.

Any Ideas for the next one?

595a71ad7c59d_FloridaOutdoors.png.2939abf8853be34d0a532b8ccd0b5702.png595a71b7234b7_PanthersFinal.thumb.png.0af2efe0e047d9024d80662834eda5ec.png595a71beb854f_TampaBayF.thumb.png.9ff295c640d6f0551d6b4b0f8c0ca0aa.png

The more I look at it, the more I see small little errors here and there. Here are a few of those.

- The Panthers' logos are huge. Both the crest and shoulder logos are way too big. The shoulder logos are a little warped, too.

- The 7 on the Panthers' arms have a yellow outline while nothing else does. That's no good.

- The triangles on Florida are good, but they don't work really well and seem a little sloppy.

- Tampa's yoke doesn't align with the jersey's stitching. Again, seems sloppy.

- The Stadium Series logo on Tampa's jersey has a visible outline.

- All in all, the Statdium Series logo just seems lazy.

As a whole, the ideas behind this are really good, but just poorly executed.

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

The more I look at it, the more I see small little errors here and there. Here are a few of those.

- The Panthers' logos are huge. Both the crest and shoulder logos are way too big. The shoulder logos are a little warped, too.

- The 7 on the Panthers' arms have a yellow outline while nothing else does. That's no good.

- The triangles on Florida are good, but they don't work really well and seem a little sloppy.

- Tampa's yoke doesn't align with the jersey's stitching. Again, seems sloppy.

- The Stadium Series logo on Tampa's jersey has a visible outline.

- All in all, the Statdium Series logo just seems lazy.

As a whole, the ideas behind this are really good, but just poorly executed.

Thx, mabye will fix up later, also the Stadium Series Logo isint meant to be good by any means, just thought it might help give the audience a picture as too what im going for

This is the Second addition to the series, a potential rivalry stadium series between the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers at the Eagles Stadium, the Lincoln Financial Field. This would be a great move by the NHL because they could show off a new potential friendly rivalry between Nico Hischer and Nolan Patrick. Nolan and Hischer are almost at the same level and it would be exciting to see them play outdoors and make good press. The Linc is also a very nice stadium, and a close enough distance both fans can travel too. Also both teams are developing future players and have a rivalry history with each other. The devils uniform dosen't just add back green to the devs color pallet, it also keeps black, a color alot of devils fans want as well. This symbolizes a combination of multiple eras and looks cool. I also tried out a new striping technique, using basic striping with no pattern in coloring. For the Flyers I used their 50th anniversary jerseys as inspiration except added better numbers and an obvious color change. Black has always looked good on the flyers and I decided to try it out with already existing striping. As for the Arena Presentation both teams logos would be on either side with a giant ice liberty bell upwards of the rink. Also possibly a small eagles logo somewhere on the field.

Devils Final Design.png

Flyers Finished.png

TV numbers are HUGE on that Flyers jersey and the 7 is Upside down. The logo is also horizontally squished and still has the restricted logo on the jersey. Take a minute to look over your concepts before posting and that'll solve a number of the execution errors. IMO, Devil's hem would need to be simplified as well as its creeping up on a logo that may be a little to small already.

5 minutes ago, JB Designs said:

TV numbers are HUGE on that Flyers jersey and the 7 is Upside down. The logo is also horizontally squished and still has the restricted logo on the jersey. Take a minute to look over your concepts before posting and that'll solve a number of the execution errors. IMO, Devil's hem would need to be simplified as well as its creeping up on a logo that may be a little to small already.

Thanks sorry, I thought I did but will next time!

1 minute ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Do one between The Wild and Blackhawks and have it in Lambeu field and call it the battle for Wisconsin 

I like it, sure thing! Also you like the jersey design?

43 minutes ago, Mns2002 said:

I like it, sure thing! Also you like the jersey design?

I don't think any Minnesotans or Chicagoians would want Wisconsin. The Midwest maybe, but not Wisconsin...

As for the jerseys, I really like the design behind the Devils, but the stripes shouldn't be cut off on the bottom of the hem. That's just part of the drawn template... There should also be some black in the Devil's logo...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, JB Designs said:

So is the 9.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

14 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don't think any Minnesotans or Chicagoians would want Wisconsin. The Midwest maybe, but not Wisconsin...

As for the jerseys, I really like the design behind the Devils, but the stripes shouldn't be cut off on the bottom of the hem. That's just part of the drawn template... There should also be some black in the Devil's logo...

Thanks, their is black in the logo, the outline for the nj part. Also what should I do for the next one?

5 hours ago, Mns2002 said:

Thanks, their is black in the logo, the outline for the nj part. Also what should I do for the next one?

I see it now... It really blends in with the green though...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

This is more of a small design change for jerseys rather then a complete redesign for an outdoor game. The game would be instead of the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens at the redblacks stadium to celebrate 100 years of the nhl, it would be a callback to the first ever nhl game. The montreal wanderers played the Toronto Blueshirts and won in montreal 10-9. This game would be recreated in a callback to what once was, with teams playing with significance rather then just two canadiens teams. This would be awesome and I feel the NHL should have done this. The canadiens would play as the wanderers, doning the logo with canadiens striping, similar to what the maple leafs are doing with the blueshirts/Arenas. The game would be played in another historic place, being the Montreal Olympic Stadium. It was the former home of the Expos and would make a great fit.

Montreal Wanderers final.png

Final Blueshirt.png

Another case of a solid design met with poor execution. There are a lot of loose pixels around the TV numbers on the Montreal set and the outline on the #OB is all kinds of sloppy. The Toronto set is a bit cleaner, however the hem stripe varies in thickness and the TV numbers are inconsistent in size. On both sets the shoulder patches are GIGANTIC and the NHL-100 logo is vertically stretched. Some advice, rather than stretching the logos and numbers paste them into a new image and use the resize tool. It will make sure that they are resized proportionally and allow you to ensure that everything that should be the same size is actually the same size. Like I said before, the ideas are there, but the execution needs some work.

1 minute ago, JB Designs said:

Another case of a solid design met with poor execution. There are a lot of loose pixels around the TV numbers on the Montreal set and the outline on the #OB is all kinds of sloppy. The Toronto set is a bit cleaner, however the hem stripe varies in thickness and the TV numbers are inconsistent in size. On both sets the shoulder patches are GIGANTIC and the NHL-100 logo is vertically stretched. Some advice, rather than stretching the logos and numbers paste them into a new image and use the resize tool. It will make sure that they are resized proportionally and allow you to ensure that everything that should be the same size is actually the same size. Like I said before, the ideas are there, but the execution needs some work.

Also, the Toronto patches read 'ONTOONTO PLEPLE EFSEFS' and '1001 1917-1917'

Just more execution errors, Solid designs otherwise.

11 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Also, the Toronto patches read 'ONTOONTO PLEPLE EFSEFS' and '1001 1917-1917'

Just more execution errors, Solid designs otherwise.

Actually, Leaf shoulder patch becomes the 100 patch and vice versa. Same with the Canadiens. If you're doing different shoulder logos make sure the right one is always on the right shoulder of the jersey not the right based on your view.

• 6 months later...
  • Atomic locked this topic

Archived