Happy Independence Day!

dakotapalm

I think it's better without the background. You still see what it means pretty clearly, but you have to actually see it, it's not forced on you by being across the stripes.

Two things I'd change, though, if you're looking for that. I'd reverse either the red or the white helmets top to bottom, as well as half the blue lines, to give it some more visual variety. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but if all the blue helmets were teams with white logos, it'd give the flag some star-like pieces to fit the flag.

9 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I think it's better without the background. You still see what it means pretty clearly, but you have to actually see it, it's not forced on you by being across the stripes.

Two things I'd change, though, if you're looking for that. I'd reverse either the red or the white helmets top to bottom, as well as half the blue lines, to give it some more visual variety. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but if all the blue helmets were teams with white logos, it'd give the flag some star-like pieces to fit the flag.

This is close to what you suggested. I may further edit with a reversal of blue helmets. There are a surprisingly few number of blue helmet /white logo teams out there. Duke is one, but somehow, that didn't look right.

595d2cbc0ce6f_2017JulyFlag2.thumb.jpg.09f33b6cfaf596960227295c4ad0c1ea.jpg

Archived