Sign in to follow this  
jagerjg26

High School logo redesign NCHS Panthers

first timer here. be gentle. just for fun, I re-designed a local HS logo. the school is currently using clip art from the 1960s. (shown)  I am stuck with this design, not sure where to go. any comments/suggestions...start over :)?

NCHS_PANTHER logo.JPG

nchs-red-wgt-swim-team.png

I like it, way more indepth then a high school logo normally is! I love the jagged edges as well as the addition of grey. The only thing I dont like is the way the panther appears too cartoony, but still I like It! Can i suggest a high school logo for you too do?

Wow that is really good, the detail is superb and it blows the original out of the water, the only part I don't like is the font, I think it's too pointy and the eye, it needs a pupil I think

I feel like the panther has too much color variance in the shading that'd get lost at small sizes. (See any of Phoenix Design Works's logos.) Also, it's totally 'roided out. I also agree that it could use a pupil.

You've got a great start here, certainly.

Very nice logo. It has a MiLB quality to it. I agree the front shoulder/leg is too muscular. For a high school logo, you need to reduce the amount of colors from 5+white to 3+white for it to be affordable for the school to reproduce on paper and apparel. The wordmark is strong, but lose the dark red (that will quickly make the logo dated in a few years as shading/beveling/etc go in and out of favor often).  Find a happy medium between the dark grey and light grey, and the replace all greys with that one color. 

It would be nice to see a comparison with and without a pupil in the eye. Some designs need one and some don't. I like it without one, but who knows.