Republic of Ireland Kits

chipper12

Edit; Closer images now added. Sorry. 

So the Republic of Ireland are moving to new balance this summer so here are my new kits for them.

They feature Celtic knots in various ways.

Home - Traditional emerald kit that fades darker then revealing the Celtic knots. Touches of orange make it stand out as a ROI kit. The shorts are simple and the socks feature the same fade as the top. 

Away - Using the classic white with a green knot coming down the front on the crest side. The collar features the Irish flag. The classic feeling continues with solid green shorts and solid white socks. 

Tell me what you think.

59669072a7175_ROIBoth.thumb.png.035764f41119f710e08b888d75d45b49.png

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

I'm not a huge fan of the font either. I'd also maybe like to see a dash of orange on the shorts and socks to tie it all together - I know this goes against what you were going for with the classic look but I personally think it would improve the overall look. I can get on board with everything else though. Sublimated patterns seem to be popular right now and the celtic knots are a great idea for the ROI. Overall, there is a lot more that I like than that I dislike.

@Whitefoot I think the shorts and sock combos should stay as they are because that is the traditional look for them as seen HERE. I'm not saying it can't be done (see the post above for example) but green/white/green is their look and I don't like the trend at the moment of teams moving away from tradition. 

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived