OHL Winter Classics

Patrick07

Hey everyone, with the summer heating up I've decided to cool things down with some ice-cold concepts. Introducing the OHL Winter Classics! This three game series will involve three rivalry matches in three Ontario outdoor stadiums, Tim Hortons Field, BMO Field, and TD PLace, taking place in January of 2018.

ohl wc logo.png

First up from Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton is the battle of the Niagara Escarpment. The Hamilton Bulldogs and Niagara Icedogs will be pitted against each other in a dog fight (pun intended) for supremacy of the region. Hamilton's jerseys take inspiration from the old Hamilton tigers of the NHL, using a yellow base with multiple black stripes along the arms. With the Icedogs usually wearing Chicago Blackhawks jerseys, it made sense to base theirs off of another Chicago jersey. They are based off of the Blackhawks 2016 stadium series jerseys, but with the black and red reversed to create a more bold, unique look that they hope will make the Bulldogs see red when they're done.

ohl winter classic.png

• Patrick07 changed the title to OHL Winter Classics

Next up from BMO Field in Toronto is the battle of the GTA, featuring the Mississauga Steelheads against the Oshawa Generals. The Steelheads usually wear Toronto Maple Leafs uniforms, so these jerseys are inspired by the Maple Leafs Winter Classic jerseys, but with some stripes removed to clean up the look, as well as silver added to utilize the team's full colour palette. Oshawa will be wearing throwback inspired sweaters featuring the Lindros-era red and blue helmet, as well as red pants. Shoulder stripes have been added to create a more vibrant, vintage feel. The battle of TD Place will be coming tomorrow, so stay tuned!

ohl winter classic 2.png

Hello again, it's time for the series finale, an eastern division match up between the Ottawa 67s and the Kingston Frontenacs, coming to you from TD Place in Ottawa. Ottawa is back in black with a head-to-toe black uniform featuring barber-pole striping on the sleeves and waist for a modern take on a classic design. Kingston will use their new classic style roundel logo on a white uniform that is heavy in yellow and inspired by vintage Boston Bruins sweaters. I hope everyone enjoyed these and I may continue this series to the QMJHL and WHL in the near future. That's all for now, thank you!

ohl winter classic 3.png

1 hour ago, Spanky8992 said:

I feel like I would have heard about these but are they actually happening? Or just for the sake of making cool concepts? Either way, nice jerseys!

No, this is just a concept, but I sure wish that the OHL would have more outdoor games. Also, thanks!

Archived