Your city's Mount Rushmore

36 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

For Washington, what about Walter Johnson? He was the Senators' only long-term star (and one of the greatest players ever, on top of that). I know he played a really long time ago, but I still think he's easily one of the four best athletes in DC sports history, no doubt.

Worth a thought anyways yup.

sig.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Six said:

San Francisco - Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Buster Posey, Pablo Sandoval

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

Switch panda with bumgarner

You guys forgetting some guy named Joe Montana? 

Willie Mays, Barry Bonds and Willie McCovey would also be before Posey and Sandoval. Hell, I'd even put Tim Lincecum over them.

sig.png

Steve Young was probably a better quarterback than Joe Montana. He just didn't get to play during a dynasty that likely would have been just as good with him at the helm. 

Sandoval was a tongue in cheek choice because Giants fans are currently having a hissy fit over his returning to the team. But Posey definitely goes in before Bonds and Lincecum. I think you can trace the team's WS success more to him than to any other player.  

3 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I don't know man, he's accomplished more in his 8 seasons as a Warrior than anyone else has. 

True, but he doesn't exude the same Oakland-ness that Barry and Mullin did. The San Francisco arena talk started while Curry was just starting to realize his potential. The "Oakland" Curry is a guy who played no defense and had weak ankles. 

I think Golden State is in a weird situation though. I'd be curious to know how many of the season ticket holders live in Oakland compared to other places across the bay.

That said, Steph is the greatest Golden State Warrior. And injuries or something else somehow stop a true dynasty before it starts in San Francisco, he may end up fitting better in Oakland. It's probably too soon to tell.

Should Durant win a few more titles though, he might end up on the San Francisco list along Bonds, Montana and Rice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I think Golden State is in a weird situation though. I'd be curious to know how many of the season ticket holders live in Oakland compared to other places across the bay.

That said, Steph is the greatest Golden State Warrior. And injuries or something else somehow stop a true dynasty before it starts in San Francisco, he may end up fitting better in Oakland. It's probably too soon to tell.

Should Durant win a few more titles though, he might end up on the San Francisco list along Bonds, Montana and Rice.

Yeah, that's probably a better way to put it. 

Durant would have to be a total world-beater if he wants to get on that list (Mays, Montana, Rice, and Posey - the catalyst for the Giants' recent run of success - championships mean more than the home run record). Even then, the Warriors' amorphous location and the Niners' move to Santa Clara mean that list is in flux.

San Francisco is definitely a tricky one, considering its teams are more regional than city-based.

I just don't watch baseball (or SportsCenter) anymore so I've got a blind spot for guys like Buster Posey. Titles do mean more than home runs, but Bonds achieved mythical status as a Giant, and ended up bigger than the game (literally lol). But, yeah, it makes sense that the locals would prefer the guy who won and didn't nearly destroy the sport.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I live in Atlanta, yet I'm a saints fan. I hate the falcons with all my heart and I hate the bulldogs even more, however, Deion Sanders from FSU came here and gave it some love. Here's my picks for the Mount Rushmore of Atlanta.

Deion Sanders

Herschel Walker

Hank Aaron

Dominque Wilkins 

Honorable Mentions:

Hines Ward

Walt Frazier

Fran Tarkenton

Spud Webb

On 7/20/2017 at 6:39 AM, TheGrimReaper said:

-Chicago: Ernie Banks, Stan Mikita, Walter Payton, Michael Jordan, and uh... Sandberg? Sosa? Toews? Kane? Pippen?

-San Diego: Tony Gwynn, Dan Fouts, LaDainian Tomlinson, Trevor Hoffman, Antonio Gates (hm Philip Rivers)

-Milwaukee/GB: Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Robin Yount, Lew Alcindor/Kareem (hm Hank Aaron. better player than Yount, but I'd prefer to put a Brewer and not a Brave)

-Atlanta: Hank Aaron, Greg Maddux, Chipper Jones, Deion Sanders, Dominique Wilkins (hm Smoltz, Niekro, Glavine, Murphy, Matt Ryan)

San Diego I agree on Gwynn, Hoffman, Fouts. Other two I'd put Steve Fisher and Don Coryell

LT wouldn't make the cut now that he's proven to be an LA lover. And Gates while good hasn't had nearly the impact of Fisher or Gates on both the team and the sport.

51 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

San Diego I agree on Gwynn, Hoffman, Fouts. Other two I'd put Steve Fisher and Don Coryell

LT wouldn't make the cut now that he's proven to be an LA lover. And Gates while good hasn't had nearly the impact of Fisher or Gates on both the team and the sport.

How did I forget Hank Aaron smh

Archived