Your city's Mount Rushmore

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2017 at 11:24 AM, The Six said:

San Francisco - Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Buster Posey, Pablo Sandoval

Um... Joe Montana? Bill Walsh? Willie Mays? No offense to Gerald and Pablo... especially Pablo... but they're Johnny Come Latelies in SF.

3 minutes ago, noleseveryday said:

I guess you don't live here. He's worshipped as the goat here.

Doesn't change that he never played for San Diego, ever. Isn't even from San Diego. Babe Ruth is known by all of North America if not the world, doesn't mean he will be on every cities Mount Rushmore. 

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Doesn't change that he never played for San Diego, ever. Isn't even from San Diego. Babe Ruth is known by all of North America if not the world, doesn't mean he will be on every cities Mount Rushmore. 

Im from Atlanta if you didn't realize that

33 minutes ago, noleseveryday said:

I guess you don't live here. He's worshipped as the goat here.

Huh? I live in SD, never heard anyone mention Aaron... never mind lost him as one of San Diego's greats.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:23 AM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Washington: Bryce Harper, Joe Gibbs, John Riggins, Alex Ovechkin, Darrell Green

Honorable mentions: Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Sonny Jurgensen, Sammy Baugh

On 7/22/2017 at 9:42 AM, 4_tattoos said:

Wouldn't put Harper there yet. He's still young. He could realistically leave after his contract is up in 2018 and end up playing for another team for a longer time than he was in Washington.

Ryan Zimmerman should probably be mentioned.

On 7/22/2017 at 11:20 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

For Washington, what about Walter Johnson? He was the Senators' only long-term star (and one of the greatest players ever, on top of that). I know he played a really long time ago, but I still think he's easily one of the four best athletes in DC sports history, no doubt.

Walter Johnson definitely belongs . . . and is remembered well enough that there is a high school named after him in Bethesda and a summer collegiate team named the Bethesda Big Train.

Unseld, Hayes, Jurgensen and Sammy Baugh probably all remain ahead of Bryce Harper at the moment.  Obviously, this could change over the next 5-10 years if he stays with the Nationals.

Ryan Zimmerman -- What?!?!?!?!?!

I think my selections would be Walter Johnson, Sammy Baugh, Wes Unseld, Joe Gibbs and Alex Ovechkin.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived