MLS | Expansion team Detroit Motor SC

Go Red Sox!

Major League Soccer would currently like to expand its league by giving the city of Detroit, Michigan their first professional soccer team. Fans of the semi-pro Detroit City FC hate that idea, while former Express co-owner and soccer mogul Roger Faulkner clearly thinks it's a no-brainer to invest in a Detroit-based pro team.

So here's the logo set of the brand-new (and of course fictional) Detroit Motor SC. Colors are navy blue and orange (plus the new color chrome), inherited from the former NASL Detroit Express (1978-81). A large vintage car emblem in the center in front of a wheel, including chrome rim spokes, are forming this primary mark. The alternate mark is thematically based on those vintage car emblems and signs of the 1930's, 40's and 50's.

Thanks for watching!

5970e1d3918a6_DetroitMotorSClogopresentation.thumb.png.78c6667308e241e2d9e0633b9f5458e2.png

5970e1f032b3b_DetroitMotorSCprimarylogo.png.889d597984167cb9a88c438c34e999dc.png

5970e1f95fd75_DetroitMotorSCalternatelogo.png.c3f3de8e9cdd78e74a1dfb55a8d18b21.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Although I'm favor of resurrecting the Express nickname, this would be my second choice! Awesome job! I also would suggesting to chrone the bird on the primary logo, and the Motor SC on the roundel secondary logo.

• 4 months later...

Amazing! As @Zeus89725 said, I could easily see this being used today. My only thoughts would be that the soccer ball either seems small so might not even be neccesary, or maybe just doesn't need the little orange mark in the middle of it. Everything else is perfection. Great stuff.

Archived