2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if all the magic from the walk off touchdown sapped everything from the Vikings, because they're getting hammered hard here.

Oh, and if it ends up being New England vs. Philadelphia in the Super Bowl... it works out. It's the best two teams overall facing off. Granted, Wentz won't be playing, but you want the best teams in the biggest game, am I right?

I'm pretty bummed that the Warriors keep winning the NBA, but it's only two titles (likely three) and they're at least fun to watch and have legit likeable players and a coach who isn't a complete :censored:.

The Patriots offer no joy. It's like watching the Empire Strikes Back if Vader had killed Han, Luke, and Leia and stuffed their dead bodies in R2D2. And then blew it up.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'm pretty bummed that the Warriors keep winning the NBA, but it's only two titles (likely three) and they're at least fun to watch and have legit likeable players and a coach who isn't a complete :censored:.

The Patriots offer no joy. It's like watching the Empire Strikes Back if Vader had killed Han, Luke, and Leia and stuffed their dead bodies in R2D2. And then blew it up.

Baseball season is almost around the corner, and the winners the last few years have been:

2010: Giants

2011: Cardinals

2012: Giants

2013: Red Sox

2014: Giants

2015: Royals

2016: Cubs

2017: Astros

7 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Except people like Vader. It's like if the protagonist never entered the picture in Persona 5 and Kamoshida kept getting away with his crap.

53Ocz8U.png

What a crappy end to a crappy NFL season. 

Good thing I wasn’t going to be able to watch the Super Bowl anyways. 

We either get to watch one of the most insufferable fanbases enjoy a title or see the Patriots win their sixth title in a blowout. 

No thank you.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

58 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The only silver lining is the Patriots will tie the Steelers at six super bowls. Otherwise, this whole season has been a s*** burger. 

Not trying to pick on you but Joe Buck just said something along these lines during the broadcast and it brings up something that really bugs the hell out of me. 

This tendency to count Super Bowl victories only when talking NFL championship totals by team is a tendency that needs to stop. NFL championships won prior to 1966 are still championships. It's not those teams faults that the NFL Championship was called something different. So, with all due respect to New England and Pittsburgh (Christ what an awful sentence), their six or soon-to-be six Super Bowls still don't get them even close to Green Bay's NFL-leading 13 championships. Counting championships by Super Bowl era-only would be like counting World Series wins since 1961, or Stanley Cup's since 1967 (or NBA championships since...ABA/NBA merger). It's something that literally no one in those sports does, and we shouldn't do it in the NFL either.

spacer.png

New England is set to face an NFC East team for the fourth time, specifically by great coincidence the team they beat the last time they were looking to go back-to-back and three-of-four.

The fact that 18-1 and losing to the Giants twice have basically left no lingering tarnish at all on this dynasty as the being the most clearly successful in league history (at least it has to be an uncontested opinion in the Super Bowl era) is a marvel in and of itself. Like I said, I don't even bother getting annoyed at it anymore because of just how insane it is, will we ever see a team like this again in the NFL?

ICXC NIKA

Archived