2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

It's pretty obvious why the Spurs aren't hated. Their fans aren't obnoxious. Their players aren't obnoxious. Their local media isn't obnoxious. The national media's coverage of them isn't obnoxious. And most importantly, they didn't hurt the integrity of their sport with two major cheating scandals.

Could the same be applied to the Bulls Dynasty of the 90s?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

And most importantly, they didn't hurt the integrity of their sport with two major cheating scandals.

How can you hurt something that's already dead?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

33 minutes ago, Brass said:

How can you hurt something that's already dead?

The old NBA is dead because super teams are spawning across the board rather in maybe one or two cities on opposite sides of the league. Players come in after one year of college and that has impacted the league as well. I think if the NBA went back to the previous rules you'd see more college players stick around for at least 2 years but you'd still see the top two or three freshmen declare. 

As far as New England, I'm just tired of looking at them every year. Even when there seems to be a big issue within the team it really seems more like noise than an actual controversy. How many teams allow people not officially part of the team to fly with the team or have offices on site? Granted I'm also hoping and praying for Cleveland to actually make smart decisions instead of asking homeless people who to draft this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I just love how after prasing Doug Pederson and Nick Foles for making it to the SB as underdogs in the previous video, and acknowledging that they're going into this game as underdogs, he (along with his n Filipe) threatens their lives with an epic beatdown if they lose.  I wonder how he got to go.  I can't imagine he's sitting on stacks or has a home to take a 2nd mortgage out on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I just love how after prasing Doug Pederson and Nick Foles for making it to the SB as underdogs in the previous video, and acknowledging that they're going into this game as underdogs, he (along with his n Filipe) threatens their lives with an epic beatdown if they lose.  I wonder how he got to go.  I can't imagine he's sitting on stacks or has a home to take a 2nd mortgage out on.

According to SocialBlade, he makes anywhere $5,000 to $80,000 per year. Depending on his cost of living (Philly is low compared to Boston, NYC, DC, right?) and weather YouTube is his only source of income, I could see having enough to pay for a Super Bowl ticket. And I don't know how long it takes for YouTube to payout, but I bet he's been doing really well this year as the Eagles have been successful.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

According to SocialBlade, he makes anywhere $5,000 to $80,000 per year. Depending on his cost of living (Philly is low compared to Boston, NYC, DC, right?) and weather YouTube is his only source of income, I could see having enough to pay for a Super Bowl ticket. And I don't know how long it takes for YouTube to payout, but I bet he's been doing really well this year as the Eagles have been successful.

Glad we could hone in on a narrow window there.  Yeah In general it's def lower than Boston NYC DC and SEA, SF, and other west coast cities, but those stats are pretty much meaningless outside of a relative comparison because city lines, burbs, etc., can skew one higher and another lower. There's parts that are super low, because of where they are, then there's multi-million-dollar condos.  I personally couldn't live comfortably near where I'd want to on that 80K /year, but based on his apartment, he's not in the high-rent district. 

If he's making 80k off of youtube, I don't want to live in this world anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If he's making 80k off of youtube, I don't want to live in this world anymore.

I don't begrudge anyone making money, but some of the SocialBlade earnings stuff is wild.

Have you ever seen this guy (NSFW and terrible)?

As much as $700K/year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

So I take it this year's Super Bowl is pretty much a "Lesser of Two Evils" type of Super Bowl, agree or disagree?

Yeah, I disagree.  Not sure how anyone could hate this version of the Eagles, unless you're a fan of a rival team.  There's really only one marginally bad guy, and all he did was clock a hotel worker while drunk.  Also, it's mostly backups and new guys playing over their heads since so many starters are hurt.

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, I disagree.  Not sure how anyone could hate this version of the Eagles, unless you're a fan of a rival team.  There's really only one marginally bad guy, and all he did was clock a hotel worker while drunk.  Also, it's mostly backups and new guys playing over their heads since so many starters are hurt.

Still in awe of how the Eagles have been able to win without Wentz.

Plus, after Charlottesville, Chris Long donated his entire salary towards charities, Malcolm Jenkins is the leader of the group that negotiated with Goodell to get the league to donate to equality causes, and they convinced the league to donate proceeds from the dog gear to underfunded Philly schools (and they've already raised $100k before the league got involved.)

If you hate these Eagles, you really hate America and I question your values.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-players-nfl-sales-dog-mask-shirts-should-go-philly-schools/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/22/eagles-player-lane-johnson-raises-100000-for-schools-pre-super-bowl.html

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Still in awe of how the Eagles have been able to win without Wentz.

Jason Peters was arguably just about as big a loss as Wentz, considering the drop off at the position.  Obviously Wentz was the most important, but he had to do a lot more once Peters went down.  Also, defensive captain and pro-bowl MLB, starting RB and PR, and special teams MVP.  Oh - and the backup MLB and his backup all lost.

7 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

People only hate The Eagles making the Super Bowl because their fans are notorious scumbags. 

You should really stop posting here.  Seriously - take a break for a while.  You've become an embarrassment to your fellow Patriots fans, and contribute nothing to any discussion.

36 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl, is Wentz still the starter opening day or do the Eagles try to see what they can get for him in the off-season?

Is this a serious question???  Wentz has HOF talent, and the potential to be this generation's Manning or Brady (oh please Brady!)  He probably won't be ready to start opening day due to the injury, but when he's healthy, he's the man.

If he is ready for opening day, and some dumb ass team like the Vikings makes a panic offer for Foles, then Nick is gone.  Obviously having depth at QB is critical in this league, but Foles can turn into a pumpkin at any time, so best case for the Eagles is he's the SB MVP and then they trade him for a nice haul.

I'm just telling you what everyone else in the country is saying. The 2 most hated fanbases are NE & Philly. 

I'm Not sure why that gets you so upset. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived