2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that people hate Pats Fans. Hell I've worked security for Gillette & TD Garden for a few years so I've had personal expierence with just about every fanbase. 

I have never seen any fanbase act as bad as Philly fans. 

Ask anywhere and most people will agree Philly fans are the biggest :censored:s. 

I saw a video of Eagles fans carrying a sign saying(and chanting) ":censored: Mille". The 99yr old Viking fans that got tickets to the divisional game. Never seen Pats (or any fanbase) do anything that scummy. 

It it was the same with Super Bowl XXXIX no one really wanted either to win(though I don't think Patriots fatigue had quite set in, so Patriots weren't as reviled as they are now). 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

I'm not really sure what else you're supposed to do when a team bus is coming at you trying to run you over.  It's really the only option.  If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Vikings fans, the innocent aw shucks you know midwestern practically canadian sweethearts decided to dress up Rocky (which I actually thought was pretty cool, but still riled people up.)

2974177_630x354.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So are you calling me a :censored:[sic]?  Just curious, since you're making a lot of generalizations.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm not really sure what else you're supposed to do when a team bus is coming at you trying to run you over.  It's really the only option.  If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Vikings fans, the innocent aw shucks you know midwestern practically canadian sweethearts decided to dress up Rocky (which I actually thought was pretty cool, but still riled people up.)

2974177_630x354.jpg

There's a stark difference between fans "just having fun" like that. 

Then taking it taking it too far and doing scumbag things like:

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Has the rocky statue been moved?

No, but I wish they would move it.  A movie prop has no business near that museum.  All it does is attract lines of fat tourists to get their photo with it as if Rocky was real.  

3 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

There's a stark difference between fans "just having fun" like that. 

Then taking it taking it too far and doing scumbag things like:

Again, people are just defending themselves.  That Dallas fan likely murdered three people - conveniently not on that doctored footage.  If anything, Eagles fans should be commended for taking the high road and not resorting to violence.

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Again, people are just defending themselves.  That Dallas fan likely murdered three people - conveniently not on that doctored footage.  If anything, Eagles fans should be commended for taking the high road and not resorting to violence.

:lol::rolleyes:

Yeah...okay. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

As a Pats hater myself, the amount of Pats hate I've seen has me thinking about something... is any dynasty ever appreciated in its own time? Like, I just assume people outside of Long Island were sick of the Islanders winning Stanley Cup after Stanley Cup in the early-80s, just as fans outside of Edmonton were (I assume) tired of the Oilers utter domination in the late-80s. I guess the Pats are different in that they've been a perennial contender since 2001, which is far longer than almost any traditional dynasty I can think of, except the Yankees & Canadiens pre-1993 I guess; but it feels to me that most of these extremely dominant teams don't get appreciated until 10-20 years after they've stopped winning and their glory days are long gone. By that point nobody's sick of them winning anymore and future generations are able to look back and think "y'know, those teams they had back then were really good".

I appreciate what the Pats are doing but hate them at the same time. Similarly, the 2000s Cardinals sucked for a lot of the same reasons: boring while appealing to the worst of sports fandom.

Other dynasties that existed that I didn't hate: 90s Bulls, 2000s Lakers, 2010s Giants, 90s Yankees, probably others.

To be honest, Alabama is generally just as ruthlessly efficient as the Pats, but they have enough roster turnover that it's okay. And their win over UGA was pretty sweet.

EDIT: Forgot the 90s Cowboys. I wanted them to lose because I was a Giants fan then, but Emmitt Smith was among the very best during the time when running back was the most exciting position in sports.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ok. Look. I admire the Patriots. They have had success like no one has ever seen before. I respect the :censored: out of them.

That said, in my lifetime I have witnessed the Patriots go to 8 Super Bowls, winning 5. That number could grow to 6. All of my favorite teams in their total histories have combined for 3 championship appearances. They are 0-3 in those series, with a combined record of 2-12.

So, congratulations on your incredible run (and I didn't even total the combined championships that I've seen from the city of Boston). But don't be total :censored:heads about it when you win. (only talking to a few of you - most Pats fans on here are completely tolerable)

ExJworW.png

I respect the Patriots, but I'm just so bored with the Patriots. It's been the same story every year for a 100 years now and I'm ready for something fresh. 

I want to talk about Boston sports. Has a city ever had a run like this from all its teams? I can't think of one and I don't know if we'll ever see a city have a run like this ever again. It starts in Early 2002 when the Patriots beat the Rams and if you look at just the next ten years up until the Bruins completed the Grand Slam in 2011 it was absurd. 3 Super Bowl wins, 5 Super Bowl appearances, an NBA championship, another finals appearance, a Stanley Cup, ended the World Series drought and won another. What's that, 7 parades in 10 years? Now, 6 years later it's still going. It's just stupid. Since the Bruins cup win they've added 2 more Super Bowls, another World Series, another stanley cup final, and the Celtics are back to contending. The last six years alone would be phenomenal for any city. I guess what I'm saying is Bill Simmons can STFU about how bad the 90's were.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I admit, the Patriots Dynasty is pretty awe inspiring, i'm just tired of them and their raucous fan base. perhaps one of the reasons the Bulls dynasty had more respect in it's time is that people were consistently thrilled with their action because basketball is a faster paced game. Also,  Bulls fans weren't noted to be extremely toxic and annoying other fans, which in the case of the Patriots may have been amplified with social media.

14 hours ago, DG_Now said:

According to SocialBlade, he makes anywhere $5,000 to $80,000 per year. Depending on his cost of living (Philly is low compared to Boston, NYC, DC, right?) and weather YouTube is his only source of income, I could see having enough to pay for a Super Bowl ticket. And I don't know how long it takes for YouTube to payout, but I bet he's been doing really well this year as the Eagles have been successful.

He lives in Bakersfield, CA,  so that might open up some more vis-a-vis the cost of living

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

17 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

He lives in Bakersfield, CA,  so that might open up some more vis-a-vis the cost of living

Really? I didn’t know that - I thought he was in philly.  Odd. 

Butthurt Vikings fans are canceling AirBnB rentals if they find out the renter is from Philadelphia.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2018/01/vikings-fans-are-cancelling-eagles-fans-airbnbs.html

Archived