2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Yes! Romo mocked Nantz for his Patriots homerism after a shot of the Kraft suite.

Bless you, Tony!

Seriously, are the networks contractually obligated to cut to a shot of Bob Kraft or Jerry Jones every time their teams score a touchdown? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Yes! Romo mocked Nantz for his Patriots homerism after a shot of the Kraft suite.

Bless you, Tony!

I heard Romo for a bit on Sunday. He had a bit of wrasslin' announcer in him, I'd say; it was fun.

21 hours ago, McCarthy said:

He's a truly awful person for bringing light to racial injustice. He should've raped multiple women behind a guarded door instead. Then he'd still have a job. 

Soooo...what racial injustices did Kaepernick bring to light that weren't already known?

BTW, your Bengals rank #3 in the NFL for number of arrests (44) since 2000.
The Bengals currently employ Adam Jones, who has the most arrests of any NFL player since 2000 (10) and was even arrested earlier this year for poking a security guard in the eye. They also employed the player with the third most arrests since 2000, Chris Henry (6), who passed away in 2009. Overall, the Bengals have had nine assaults, nine DUIs and six domestic violence cases over the past 17 years.

Moral of this story is don't go throwing stone footballs when your team plays in a glass stadium. 

6 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Seriously, are the networks contractually obligated to cut to a shot of Bob Kraft or Jerry Jones every time their teams score a touchdown? 

It's in the broadcast contract on page 134 subsection B paragraph 3...The Kraft/Jones agreement....yeah, pretty much.

2 hours ago, Viola73 said:

Soooo...what racial injustices did Kaepernick bring to light that weren't already known?

Eww. Hey everyone, we can't discuss a problem unless we don't already know about it yet. 

BTW, your Bengals rank #3 in the NFL for number of arrests (44) since 2000.
The Bengals currently employ Adam Jones, who has the most arrests of any NFL player since 2000 (10) and was even arrested earlier this year for poking a security guard in the eye. They also employed the player with the third most arrests since 2000, Chris Henry (6), who passed away in 2009. Overall, the Bengals have had nine assaults, nine DUIs and six domestic violence cases over the past 17 years.

Moral of this story is don't go throwing stone footballs when your team plays in a glass stadium. 

That wasn't what I was talking about at all, but I'm fully aware of the Bengals arrest record and I'm glad you brought it up because a team employing a bunch of criminals is an actual reason for fans to boycott the team. I've heard several Bengals fans say they wouldn't renew their season tickets if the Bengals signed Kaepernick. So 26 years without a playoff win, dozens of arrests, Pacman spitting on a cop is okay, but a silent protest is over the line? Guys, I love you, but that's really :censored:ing stupid. I was pointing out the insanity of fans having no problem cheering for actual criminals, but a guy makes a silent protest and he's a vile human being, he's the reason to not buy a ticket. If Kaepernick kept his mouth shut and just slapped his girlfriend like the rest of the league he'd have a job right now. That's :censored:ed up and backwards and you know it. 

Now, your steelers fans have people all over the internet burning stuff and calling Tomlin the n-word because the team stayed in the lockerroom, but haven't batted an eye at several criminals of your own who have worn the uniform. Kaepernick didn't break any laws so why does he bother you more than actual criminals who broke real laws? You'll have to look in the mirror and come to terms with that on your own. My priorities are in order. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Eww. Hey everyone, we can't discuss a problem unless we don't already know about it yet. 

That wasn't what I was talking about at all, but I'm fully aware of the Bengals arrest record and I'm glad you brought it up because a team employing a bunch of criminals is an actual reason for fans to boycott the team. I've heard several Bengals fans say they wouldn't renew their season tickets if the Bengals signed Kaepernick. So 26 years without a playoff win, dozens of arrests, Pacman spitting on a cop is okay, but a silent protest is over the line? Guys, I love you, but that's really :censored:ing stupid. I was pointing out the insanity of fans having no problem cheering for actual criminals, but a guy makes a silent protest and he's a vile human being, he's the reason to not buy a ticket. If Kaepernick kept his mouth shut and just slapped his girlfriend like the rest of the league he'd have a job right now. That's :censored:ed up and backwards and you know it. 

Now, your steelers fans have people all over the internet burning stuff and calling Tomlin the n-word because the team stayed in the lockerroom, but haven't batted an eye at several criminals of your own who have worn the uniform. Kaepernick didn't break any laws so why does he bother you more than actual criminals who broke real laws? You'll have to look in the mirror and come to terms with that on your own. My priorities are in order. 

So, if you have a problem with people cheering a bunch of criminals, and as you pointed out that is a real reason to boycott a team, then why do you still cheer on your Bengals?

As for Steeler fans, yeah, a bunch overreacted to the situation that they fully didn't understand and some showed their true colors. 

I knew there was more to the situation at hand and I was fine with how they had planned it and even how it was executed.

As for Kaepernick? He doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think he has done more good by not playing than he would actually playing...well sitting on the bench. 

Also, I have a ton of mirrors in my house, and I can look into them at any time and feel fine. 

3 hours ago, Viola73 said:

So, if you have a problem with people cheering a bunch of criminals, and as you pointed out that is a real reason to boycott a team, then why do you still cheer on your Bengals?

As for Steeler fans, yeah, a bunch overreacted to the situation that they fully didn't understand and some showed their true colors. 

I knew there was more to the situation at hand and I was fine with how they had planned it and even how it was executed.

As for Kaepernick? He doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think he has done more good by not playing than he would actually playing...well sitting on the bench. 

Also, I have a ton of mirrors in my house, and I can look into them at any time and feel fine. 

I feel like this is a good time to point out that you were defending Penn f***ing State.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived