2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, the Rams should've had that one.

Whether you take Gurley fumbling a TD into the pylon on their opening drive or Kupp not pulling in a TD thrown right on his hands at the very end. There's at least one missed TD that would've given the Rams the win.

Despite the missed TDs, despite the automatic Greg Zuerlein (7/7 last week) missing a FG, despite the five turnovers, the Seahawks only won by 6. The Rams defense finally came back for a full game, which is very encouraging, but the offense sputtered for the first time this season.

We'll see how they respond, but I still feel good about this team. A loss to the Seahawks is big in the standings, but they're both still 3-2. Just have to get them at Seattle in December.

Ram It.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

4 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Whether you take Gurley fumbling a TD into the pylon on their opening drive or Kupp not pulling in a TD thrown right on his hands at the very end. There's at least one missed TD that would've given the Rams the win.

Despite the missed TDs, despite the automatic Greg Zuerlein (7/7 last week) missing a FG, despite the five turnovers, the Seahawks only won by 6. The Rams defense finally came back for a full game, which is very encouraging, but the offense sputtered for the first time this season.

We'll see how they respond, but I still feel good about this team. A loss to the Seahawks is big in the standings, but they're both still 3-2. Just have to get them at Seattle in December.

Ram It.

Their next three are: @JAX, AZ, @NYG, which they should be favored in last two. Cooper Cupp had the DB beat badly.

3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Ram It.

HA HA HA HA HA!! Oh, that's funny... I don't see that happening, speedy. By then, the NFC West would be locked up in Seattle's hands once again.

As for this game... woof. That was close. Despite the crap I just gave up there, the Rams have always been the one team that I dread seeing as a Seahawk fan. They always seem to have Seattle's number, but not on this day.

Now comes the bye week and then it's the Giants, who have probably all but given up on this season... the Texans, who are a tad schizo... and the Redskins. The last two are in Seattle, so there's nothing to worry about right now.

JJ is the defense version of Gronk. 

Both are phenomenal Hall of Fame talents at their positions, but can almost never stay healthy enough through an entire season to help their team when it matters. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

HA HA HA HA HA!! Oh, that's funny... I don't see that happening, speedy. By then, the NFC West would be locked up in Seattle's hands once again.

Cute.

Based on the schedules and the two teams as currently constructed, I see no reason why the Rams and Seahawks won't have the same record or be at least within a game of each other come December 15. Those Seahawks aren't getting away that easily.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 10/6/2017 at 3:58 PM, Viola73 said:

So, if you have a problem with people cheering a bunch of criminals, and as you pointed out that is a real reason to boycott a team, then why do you still cheer on your Bengals?

You still don't get that I'm not talking about myself. My problem is not with people "cheering a bunch of criminals", my problem is the misguided priorities that a very specific segment of NFL fans display when they treat a guy making a silent protest as the worst person to ever play in the NFL while simultaneously cheering a bunch of criminals. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

eff Aaron Rodgers. 

And the Cowboys defense.

But eff Rodgers more. That is all.

You know what I want for Christmas? An actual Defense. Please and thank you

[censored] everyone. Rodgers, Lewis, Irving and Moore, Prescott, Bryant...etc.

I love this team; I'll support them until the day I die; but [censored], I HATE this team with a passion right now. :mad:

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

4 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

You know what I want for Christmas? An actual Defense. Please and thank you

[censored] everyone. Rodgers, Lewis, Irving and Moore, Prescott, Bryant...etc.

I love this team; I'll support them until the day I die; but [censored], I HATE this team with a passion right now. :mad:

You took the words right out of my mouth. The Cowboys will always be my team but I hate them.

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. The Cowboys will always be my team but I hate them.

I don't like losing; but I'd take a million blowout losses (like to the Broncos), than losing a close game like that.

And it's happened twice in a calendar year to the same guy, to the same team, in the same stadium!

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

You still don't get that I'm not talking about myself. My problem is not with people "cheering a bunch of criminals", my problem is the misguided priorities that a very specific segment of NFL fans display when they treat a guy making a silent protest as the worst person to ever play in the NFL while simultaneously cheering a bunch of criminals. 

Oh...I see. Okay, my mistake. Sorry. I read it out if context. My bad.

So, back to football. 

I just want to take a moment to bitch about how CBS in Little Rock decided that the AFC game they'd show this weekend was the toilet bowl between dueling 0-4 teams, LA Clip... Chargers and Giants and I'm not ready to stop being unreasonably mad about it.

On the bright side, none of my teams lost this weekend. Though one played on Wednesday and the other was on bye. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

No, no need to correct yourself. “LA Clippers” is more than appropriate. 

I guess we could go with LA Football Clippers, but then they'd probably end up being the second most popular LAFC. 

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I guess we could go with LA Football Clippers, but then they'd probably end up being the second most popular LAFC. 

It'd be quite the trick for one NFL team to be second banana to two MLS teams.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived