2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wonder how a poll of NFL fans would turn out.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I'd imagine the NFL already did some polling of its fanbase before making this announcement. That or the owners were looking for some cover to stop dealing with all of this.

I look forward to seeing what the Seahawks do this week, if anything. They seem to be one of the few teams without a craven dickhole for an owner.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'd imagine the NFL already did some polling of its fanbase before making this announcement. That or the owners were looking for some cover to stop dealing with all of this.

They probably just see all the negative posts and tweets on social media outlets and want to take the middle road.  The NFL knows a pissed off customer is a customer that won't be giving them money or viewership.

Now the NFL can say "Hey, we asked these team personnel to stand, we're for America!".  The NFL wants to be Switzerland on any sort of divisive issue.

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It wasn't a joke, he presided over a pretty unethical company. 

Fair enough. But for NFL owners, Paul Allen's one of the good ones. I know it's a low bar.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, dfwabel said:

OK.

In the 90's, Paul Allen was the majority shareholder of Ticketmaster.

That makes him truly evil.

I know that this issue is inherently political, but let's try to keep the politics focused on football. We don't need this thread turning into a discussion on the President's approval rating. That won't lead to anything the mods want to deal with.

12 hours ago, Gary. said:

Saints trade Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals...too bad the offensive line is horrible 

Cardinals: loading up on players who were studs during the Bush administration

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Pretty low-risk move for the Cardinals.  Still, one has to expect they'll actually play him (of course one would have had the same expectation of the Saints). Even with the issues the Vikings have (now, ugh) at RB, I am content that we've moved on from AP.

POTD (Shared)

Archived