2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, neo_prankster said:

And to boot, the Hawks are getting it done.

It's only the preseason, so I really don't give a horse's ass here.

As for those Rams commercials: Nice job. I approve... somebody has to take that market now.

1 hour ago, MadmanLA said:

At least ABC7 LA didn't cheapen out with the ESPN-style production, unlike the CBS in San Diego that produced the Charger preseason games, using outdated CBS NFL graphics.

IMG_5072.thumb.JPG.7b66d0a0471ce153ea1665067a6c792c.JPGIMG_5070.thumb.JPG.db281ddc90e6296de2bbe67fba0ce2e8.JPGIMG_5069.thumb.JPG.a0373a63b4a725dd679b78e41dc31946.JPG

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

"LAC" in an NFL box score is so annoying. I know there isn't another option, but still.

"LAR" is aesthetically crap too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

SPORTS ATTENDANCE IN LOS ANGELES THIS WEEKEND

62,888 - Rams (vs. Dallas, Saturday)
53,230 - Dodgers (vs. San Diego, Saturday)
52,898 - Dodgers (vs. San Diego, Friday)
46,128 - Dodgers (vs. San Diego, Sunday)
25,667 - Galaxy (vs. New York FC, Saturday)
21,054 - Chargers (vs. Seattle, Sunday)

#FightForLA #LoseToMLS

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

StubHub is adorable for football. It also looks like a pretty pro-Seattle crowd in Carson too.

I love how the broadcast crew on NFL Network was saying that because of the "intimate" crowd, the crowd should be pro-Chargers unlike the crowds in San Diego. No more than 5 seconds later, the camera gets a shot of a guy wearing a Shaun Alexander jersey and a woman in a Seahawks t-shirt. It's almost like the broadcast crew is either 1) not in on the joke that is the Stubhub Center for an NFL game, or 2) they are getting paid extra to lie about how great the "intimate" setting is for the Chargers.

The NFL has a team without a fanbase now and they moved them to the biggest transplant city in the country. It's a disaster. They're going to play 16 road games for the foreseeable future and it won't even be close. Look at their home schedule this season: Dolphins, Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, Bills, Browns, Redskins, Raiders. 

Every one of those teams has thousands of fans living in LA, and every one of them is more excited about seeing their team in LA than Chargers (ex)fans are. The Raiders and Broncos especially. I sincerely hope Spanos sells the team to someone willing and able to put them back in San Diego. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The Bucs cut Roberto Aguayo after he missed an extra point and a field goal on Friday. 

traded up to pick him in the 2nd round last year. Yikes. 

While he was pretty bad on Friday, I think cutting him this early in the preseason is way too premature. 

Welp. Now the Bucs have mediocre Nick Folk as their kicker, unless Zack Hooker ( Who didn't play at all in 2016) can beat him out.

Anyway, I wish Roberto well. Hopefully he can become a decent kicker in Chicago. 

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Loving every second of the Chargers' humiliation. Since they couldn't get their real fans a Super Bowl before they left, this is the next best thing.

When I saw the stands with empty seats (in a stadium with tiny capacity!), my first reaction was to laugh. The funny thing is that my second reaction was thinking about guys like you, who are probably getting some kind of satisfaction out of this debacle.

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The NFL has a team without a fanbase now and they moved them to the biggest transplant city in the country. It's a disaster. They're going to play 16 road games for the foreseeable future and it won't even be close. Look at their home schedule this season: Dolphins, Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, Bills, Browns, Redskins, Raiders. 

Every one of those teams has thousands of fans living in LA, and every one of them is more excited about seeing their team in LA than Chargers (ex)fans are. The Raiders and Broncos especially. I sincerely hope Spanos sells the team to someone willing and able to put them back in San Diego. 

I've got a better idea on what to do with the Sparklers.

Spoiler

Move them here...

60262-640x360-parliament-bridge-640.jpg

With a new name and uniform...

92lonmon.png

Archived