Jump to content

2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two


buzzcut
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's hilarious how a guy like Murlarkey is probably still going to get canned unless the Titans pull off some miracle and beat the Chiefs,  Yet Cleveland is apparently A-Okay with the coach that is currently 1-31 with the team. 

 

it's even more hilarious when you realize no one really expected Hue Jackson to be fired.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm hearing that the Eagles don't want to win the SB without Wentz, so out of respect to him, they might throw their first playoff game so that he can lead them to the title next year.  Hopefully this isn't the case but I'm pretty sure they've decided to take themselves out of the running.

Y'all really love some Teddy Pendergrass and that TSOP era.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait - so the Bills last playoff game was the Music City Miracle?  Seriously?  I had no idea that they hadn't been in the playoffs since then.

 

On one hand, I'm glad that those ridiculous royal-piped navy uniforms never saw the big stage, but on the other hand, godsdam that sucks for their fans.  It seems like every year there's one or two surprise teams that make the playoffs by accident with a 8-8 or 9-7 record, only to never be heard from again.  The Bills couldn't even be one of those teams?  I guess starting every season basically with an 0-2 record like the other AFCE teams doesn't help, but still - wow.

 

really hope they beat Jacksonville - those helmets don't deserve to be on national TV - but we already know the SB is going to be NE vs PHL (unless PHL withdraws), so I at least hope they make it a close game in round 2 - maybe even lose in OT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Balu the Bare said:

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but the lions have fired their head coach. Maybe I’m too much of a fan to understand why so could someone try and explain this to me? 

They're the Lions that should be the only explanation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Balu the Bare said:

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but the lions have fired their head coach. Maybe I’m too much of a fan to understand why so could someone try and explain this to me? 

Miss Martha Firestone Ford doesn't play around unlike her late husband.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wait - so the Bills last playoff game was the Music City Miracle?  Seriously?  I had no idea that they hadn't been in the playoffs since then.

 

On one hand, I'm glad that those ridiculous royal-piped navy uniforms never saw the big stage, but on the other hand, godsdam that sucks for their fans.  It seems like every year there's one or two surprise teams that make the playoffs by accident with a 8-8 or 9-7 record, only to never be heard from again.  The Bills couldn't even be one of those teams?  I guess starting every season basically with an 0-2 record like the other AFCE teams doesn't help, but still - wow.

 

really hope they beat Jacksonville - those helmets don't deserve to be on national TV - but we already know the SB is going to be NE vs PHL (unless PHL withdraws), so I at least hope they make it a close game in round 2 - maybe even lose in OT.

 

The last time the Bills were in the playoffs, I was 11 years old (about to turn 12) and was in the 6th grade. I'll be 30 in less than two weeks. It's crazy to me when I think about it like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Wow, what a different playoff grouping this is!

 

 

Pats are gonna totally :censored: the Falcons in the *** in the Super Bowl, and anyone who doubts this is stupid because the NFL is garbage. 

 

Falcons make it in as a 6th seed? I guess I'll take it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it looks like Chucky is headed back to the Raiders. 

 

Im a bit bummed by that. Jack Del Rio is a good coach still and I think deserved another year at least. I also really wanted the Bucs to can worthless Koetter and bring in Gruden. 

 

 

Actually? I'll take JDR with the Bucs. That'd be a decent consolation prize. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

So it looks like Chucky is headed back to the Raiders. 

 

Im a bit bummed by that. Jack Del Rio is a good coach still and I think deserved another year at least. I also really wanted the Bucs to can worthless Koetter and bring in Gruden. 

 

 

Actually? I'll take JDR with the Bucs. That'd be a decent consolation prize. 

Del Rio has the most games coach w/o a division title (191) and his career record is under .500. He's proven that he's uninspiring where ever he goes.

 

He also has a problem with selection of his staff as his coordinator typically don't last more than two seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but the lions have fired their head coach. Maybe I’m too much of a fan to understand why so could someone try and explain this to me? 

The quick answer is that they feel they should've been better than 9-7. Caldwell did a great job at making them competitive, but they weren't going to win a Superbowl the way they've been playing under Caldwell (not entirely his fault, but someone has to get the blame). He's also left over from the last regime in Detroit, not picked by current GM Bob Quinn. Quinn's finally going to get to pick "his guy" to run the team, and it may unsurprisingly be someone from New England. As a Lions' fan, I liked Caldwell, but I'm not surprised or upset he's gone. That said, I wouldn't have been terribly upset if he stayed for another year, either.

 

The rumored favorite to be the new head coach is Matt Patricia (Pats DC), but they're also requesting to interview Pat Shurmur (Vikings OC), Mike Vrabel (Texans DC) , Steve Wilkis (Panthers DC) and Teryl Austin (Lions current DC). I haven't done much research, not that mine matters, but I'm only really opposed to Austin becoming the head coach of the team. Shurmur is a surprising addition...one which is really intriguing to me.

 

Of course, none of this matters if the team can't run the ball or stop another offense, but that's another rant all together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

The last time the Bills were in the playoffs, I was 11 years old (about to turn 12) and was in the 6th grade. I'll be 30 in less than two weeks. It's crazy to me when I think about it like that. 

I just turned 36 in November...I was in my senior year of high school that season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's fun that people are giving credit to Andy Dalton, but it's weird that everyone is ignoring Tyler Boyd. He had to do a lot on that play, too.

 

Bills players' reaction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.