Return of the GOAT Head

YelichGraphics

I grew up in Buffalo, NY and the one thing that makes me relive my childhood all the time is when im on the mothership and look at the sabres red and black era. So I tried mixing old and new (or older technically). Here are 2 attempts at this plus another one with a different striping pattern.

BuffaloSabresTradNavy.thumb.png.5c830a21aede9ac2ee96e2a7d3b05a62.png

BuffaloSabresTradRoyal.thumb.png.a49a338c7b64de945a555fc42afda6cd.png

BuffaloSabresNavy.thumb.png.4b33a47b7cee3c75d26c037ec42283b5.png

I dig your version of the logo. I always thought the original looked like it was giving a shy sidelong glance to the viewer, like it wanted  you to step out onto the dance floor with it but it was too bashful.

rATMcmK.png

The simplified logo is really sleek, fierce, and badass. Awesome job with that.

The jerseys are awesome too, especially the ones with the 'new' striping pattern. I agree that the first set is too Rangers-ish, and if I had to chose a color scheme, I'd go for the red and black one.

i feel like the simplified logo actually loses a lot of the character the original had.  it looks less intimidating and too flat.  I can agree with cleaning it up a little but it's too much for me. it also messes with the perspective of the head on the left side.  you need that silver there to show the bridge of the snout to give the allusion to the other side of its face. 

as for colors go, i'm going to go favorites of the black/red/silver schemes and blues.  I like the second black one with silver more predominant, although i think the old name/number font would make it even better.  For the blue/gold i like the navy one that's essentially their current, but i'd make the middle gold stripe white while leaving the gaps between the smaller stripes (so it's gold, silver, blue, white, blue, silver, gold)

Archived