Minnesota Timberwolves Alternate Jersey

T-Bird91

I had this idea for the Wolves a while ago when other NBA teams were rolling out their "Pride" uniforms.  Minnesota was primarily known for French voyaguers, Scandinavian vikings, Native Americans.  I figured the MNUFC Loons and NSC Stars (when they were around) used the French "L'Étoile du Nord" theme and the Vikings using the viking theme that I should go with the Native aspect.  The Ojibwe and Dakota are Minnesota's main tribes.  I forget why, but I went with the Ojibwe word for 'Wolves' being 'Ma'iigan'.  So using Daniel Ramone's template, I threw this together with the new Midnight Blue and Aurora Green of the wolves.  I didn't think the current number font of the Wolves worked well with this, so I found a Jimmy Butler shirsey online and used that.  The trees are from the promo when the Wolves first announced they would be unveiling a new logo.  C&C appreciated!

T-Wolves.jpg

This is a really unique and out-of-the-box idea! I'm a big fan of any and all relevant ties to the history of a team's geographical location, and this jersey gets the job done without being generic like the NBA Latin Nights uniforms simply adding 'LOS' before each team's nickname. The minimal color palette works shockingly well too without any white, grays, etc. The tree pattern side panels could maybe stand to be scaled down a bit, but all things considered I really enjoy this uniform!

Ma'iingan would just be "wolf" in Ojibwe; the plural is "ma'iinganag".  So that needs to be fixed.  I also agree that the tree pattern needs to be scaled down; it's just too visually jarring right now.  Maybe thin it out a bit so it doesn't show up as much on the front or back if that makes sense.  Lastly, the ad patch would look a lot cleaner if it was just the logo and not the logo plus the Fitbit wordmark.

Archived