Columbus Blue Jackets Concept - 3rd Option Posted

OhioSportsMan61

Here's a quick concept for the Columbus Blue Jackets I have put together...

The two primaries are a breath of fresh air, as they are based around the striping of the Ohio flag, pay homage to Ohio's first NHL team (Cleveland Barons) and incorporate other design elements the team has used to date such as:

• Current name/number font
  • Cuff design with the stars at the wrist
  • Simplified hemline
  • and logo usage

The home's hanger effect reads "March On", and the road has a new "Columbus Blue Jackets" word mark created by me in a previous project...

CBJf.thumb.png.718bff4d6add051d24dba2d95549831b.png

The alternate is a classy change of pace from the two primaries, featuring an all-blue look with minimal red accents...

CBJaF.thumb.png.89ac7ff5b4667a86b56e94d79e7d6bc7.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Make the hemline stripe thicker, at least as thick as each red stripe on the sleeve, and put a full collar on the white. The alt needs to be cannon-centric to make it different enough to be worth doing. 

Otherwise, i love it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I think I'm gonna leave the first set I posted as-is. I'm not the biggest fan of how the toilet-bowl collar looks on the road...the simplified one that I used is a bit cleaner. What I may do to differentiate the alternate from the primaries is to swap out the white for vintage white, and use the cannon logo as the front crest, although that's sort of similar to something that @ldconcepts has done already.

10 hours ago, B-mer said:

I love the alt the best.  Would actually like to see a home/road set with that base and single outline on numbers.  Perhaps you could put an Ohio patch on the pants like the state with a star in it?

You got it! Here is a full set based off of the previously posted alternate...

CBJf.thumb.png.b7efc3f9268045a68f66e1e69da8bc4f.png

And a different alternate to go along with that...

CBJaF2.thumb.png.d39b34b2596303e2311ba9094a83db5f.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

On 7/25/2017 at 8:36 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I think I'm gonna leave the first set I posted as-is. I'm not the biggest fan of how the toilet-bowl collar looks on the road...the simplified one that I used is a bit cleaner. What I may do to differentiate the alternate from the primaries is to swap out the white for vintage white, and use the cannon logo as the front crest, although that's sort of similar to something that @ldconcepts has done already.

You got it! Here is a full set based off of the previously posted alternate...

And a different alternate to go along with that...

CBJaF2.thumb.png.d39b34b2596303e2311ba9094a83db5f.png

This is what I’ve always thought the Jackets should do color-wise on a third jersey, and it looks really nice here.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived