Sign in to follow this  
ianrmcfarland

Boston Bruins Logo Redesign Concept

The Boston Bruins Logo is timeless, and that's why I decided to redesign it. ...Wait what? One of the best challenges is designing a new logo that "Cannot be made any better." By no means am I saying it's better, but I had a blast making it. What are your thoughts? 

BostonBruinsMockup.png

Agreed with what @BellaSpurs said. Also, I would try incorporating a bear instead of the B. And you're B looks eerily similar to my Alma Mater word mark... 

f1yeqbpt9wurrm7k.jpg

1 minute ago, panthers_2012 said:

Agreed with what @BellaSpurs said. Also, I would try incorporating a bear instead of the B. And you're B looks eerily similar to my Alma Mater word mark... 

f1yeqbpt9wurrm7k.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! I've never heard of Baldwin before, but you're right - that is almost identical. Good to know! 

I'll piggyback off what others have said, Unless there is a meaning to the triangle, ditch it. The Penguins and Bruins pretty much have identical color schemes, and this would pull the two teams closer together design-wise. If you did a redesign for the spoked wheel with that B, that would be interesting.

16 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I'll piggyback off what others have said, Unless there is a meaning to the triangle, ditch it. The Penguins and Bruins pretty much have identical color schemes, and this would pull the two teams closer together design-wise. If you did a redesign for the spoked wheel with that B, that would be interesting.

This.

The triangle for Pittsburgh represents the "Golden Triangle" in the city of Pittsburgh, while the "spoked-B" references Boston's nickname of "The Hub." Those are very specific elements for those teams.

I agree with others on the triangle, but I do like the look of the B. Would the B work with the circle and spokes to keep the "hub" look?