Coke Zero to become Coca-Cola Zero Sugar

BadSeed84

CCZS604.rendition.598.336.png

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-unbottled/coke-zero-sugar

Kinda funny how Pepsi Max became Pepsi Zero Sugar too late last year, and so now Coke Zero is going to be Zero Sugar.

Also they say new improved taste, hmm I always thought Coke Zero came close to tasting like Coke, like 85% there is still room for improvement.

Then again I think Diet Coke tastes better.

It's essentially a sad way to confuse consumers into buying non-Coke in Coke quantities.  They'd be better off having Coca-Cola Classic (what everyone wants), Diet Coke (what people drink by the gallon for some reason), and Cherry Coke (a fun but traditional alternative with room for branding flexibility).  Coke Zero tastes fundamentally like Diet Coke, as does Diet Coke With Splenda, Tab, or any other sugar-substitute messes that Coke and Pepsi have tried to push out with reckless abandon.  

There's still the respective alternatives in Vanilla Coke and Diet Coke Lime which are, to be quite frank, both very good, so at what point do you walk away from the ZERO branding scheme?  It must sell like the devil because I don't see the sense in it.

Then again it's a hair after 5am and I slept for about 3 hours last night, so this could just be a bunch of text barf.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As a diet soda drinker (Diet Dew, mostly), I've never understood what the differences were supposed to be between Diet Pepsi & Pepsi Max or Diet Coke and Diet Coke Zero.  Once upon a time I thought the Max/Zero brands were supposed to have more caffeine.

Oh well.

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

It's essentially a sad way to confuse consumers into buying non-Coke in Coke quantities.  They'd be better off having Coca-Cola Classic (what everyone wants), Diet Coke (what people drink by the gallon for some reason), and Cherry Coke (a fun but traditional alternative with room for branding flexibility).  Coke Zero tastes fundamentally like Diet Coke, as does Diet Coke With Splenda, Tab, or any other sugar-substitute messes that Coke and Pepsi have tried to push out with reckless abandon.  

There's still the respective alternatives in Vanilla Coke and Diet Coke Lime which are, to be quite frank, both very good, so at what point do you walk away from the ZERO branding scheme?  It must sell like the devil because I don't see the sense in it.

Then again it's a hair after 5am and I slept for about 3 hours last night, so this could just be a bunch of text barf.  

Coke Zero is a whole hell of a lot better than Diet Coke.  The two do not taste a like at all, so there is definitely a market for each one.

3 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Coke Zero is a whole hell of a lot better than Diet Coke.  The two do not taste a like at all, so there is definitely a market for each one.

Considering that Diet Coke tastes like Wilford Brimley's neck sweat, it doesn't take much for Coke Zero to be on a slightly higher plane of quality.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yea, Diet Coke is actually based off the new coke formula. 

But really I'm fine with then tweaking coke zeros taste if its even closer to tasting like coke. I think it's dumb to rename it and get rid of the all black background, as people who want it know what to look for immediately. 

7 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

But really I'm fine with then tweaking coke zeros taste if its even closer to tasting like coke. I think it's dumb to rename it and get rid of the all black background, as people who want it know what to look for immediately. 

They know that women will go to Diet Coke and the silver can. Men avoid the name "Diet" in products, so they'll seek out Zero. There's a HBR feature on "gender contamination" on products like soda and razors.

5 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Makes enough sense design-wise. It never hurts to have “zero sugar” featured prominently on a product label in 2017.

On a semi-related note, I lowkey judge grown men who drink this stuff.

True Alphas drink straight high fructose corn syrup.

twitter

5 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Soda in general tbh... if you're a grown man, be it water or vodka, your beverage should be transparent ;)

So beer is out of the question then?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

this looks like an absolute mess.  All this will do is confuse people since it's too close to the already recognizable Red bottle for regular coke.

That being said............

Is..is this old news?

In any case, Coke hit a homerun with their 4 Bottle marketing which included the Coke Life or whatever trash the green bottle is.  (tastes horrible IMO)

TF-LOGO.png

You have the traditional red coke, the black Zero, the holdover Diet, and the new Life in green.  (should be a purple 5th for Cherry Coke but whatever)

Now they're all going to look alike with just...the top showing the difference? Bad marketing decision if final

4 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

As said before, Diet Coke is a artificially sweetened 0 calorie version of New Coke. Where Coke Zero is a  artificially sweetened 0 calorie version of Coke Classic.  The only other big difference is that Zero has a AceK as a sweetener in conjunction with Aspertame. 

Archived