NHL 2017 Concepts

STL_ArchMadness

So to preface this, I will say that I'm not a very big NHL fan, so when it comes to their uniforms I don't know nearly as much about them as I do for the NFL or NBA. So some of these may seem out of place or random, but I just tried my best to put my own spin on all the different teams. Some teams I didn't make any changes too and some you may not even recognize. Anyway, here we go. 

First off, my St. Louis Blues. Pretty much just their Winter Classic jerseys from last year, no major changes there. 

Blues.thumb.png.8309200b3bb0d82ef56c3888939a1981.png

Up next are the San Jose Sharks. Pretty much scrapped their old set, no more orange and went with the new logo on the chest. Tried my best to emphasize the teal and greyscale colorscheme that works so beautifully for them. 

597b9091ed765_sharks3.thumb.png.ee43888e01cae524f71e4a8cd4f8b1b4.png

And for the last of this set, the Arizona Coyotes. Went back to the tribal stripe, with my own rendition, and scrapped any white from the jerseys. This is a beautiful colorscheme that works perfectly for the team and the city. 

coyotes.thumb.png.2258e5eb7c46ddeecd8b87bfa39b5e46.png

5 hours ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

So to preface this, I will say that I'm not a very big NHL fan, so when it comes to their uniforms I don't know nearly as much about them as I do for the NFL or NBA. So some of these may seem out of place or random, but I just tried my best to put my own spin on all the different teams. Some teams I didn't make any changes too and some you may not even recognize. Anyway, here we go. 

First off, my St. Louis Blues. Pretty much just their Winter Classic jerseys from last year, no major changes there. 

Blues.thumb.png.8309200b3bb0d82ef56c3888939a1981.png

Up next are the San Jose Sharks. Pretty much scrapped their old set, no more orange and went with the new logo on the chest. Tried my best to emphasize the teal and greyscale colorscheme that works so beautifully for them. 

597b9091ed765_sharks3.thumb.png.ee43888e01cae524f71e4a8cd4f8b1b4.png

And for the last of this set, the Arizona Coyotes. Went back to the tribal stripe, with my own rendition, and scrapped any white from the jerseys. This is a beautiful colorscheme that works perfectly for the team and the city. 

coyotes.thumb.png.2258e5eb7c46ddeecd8b87bfa39b5e46.png

If I were you, I would sort of saturate the sand on Arizona since it's not that bright.

I love the St. Louis Blues blue and yellow. Just awesome.

San Jose looks awesome with teal and silver. Keep up the good work!

I can see Arizona's gold color being a little too bright, personally I like that cause it gives the uniform even more pop but I will take that into account when I go back to Arizona. Any other comments or criticisms before I post the next 3?

On 7/30/2017 at 3:46 PM, STL_ArchMadness said:

I can see Arizona's gold color being a little too bright, personally I like that cause it gives the uniform even more pop but I will take that into account when I go back to Arizona. Any other comments or criticisms before I post the next 3?

I think the sand has to be lighter or if you really want to keep it (I don't think it looks bad) then you'd have to darken the red a bit. 

The black and sand really make that red stand out on the Arizona jersey. I couldn't stop looking at it (In a good way). The only change I would make would be something closer to the southwestern pattern they used to have rather than the zig zags.

OK thanks for all the replies, hopefully we can keep the C&C going. 

Up first are the Ottowa Senators. Like I said, I don't know a ton about hockey uniform design, so I'm always a little unsure about the unwritten rules and such of this type of design but I just went for something unique that I thought looked good. With a beautiful color scheme I tried to make it simpler by eliminating the gold and working with the white/black stripes. 

Senators.thumb.png.62427a39e223bf0d2113f1ba2cdb1fb9.png

Next are the Las Vegas Knights! First off, remove golden from the name. Second, got rid of that terrible logo and color scheme. I need to admit that this logo IS NOT MINE. In fact, it is just the first thing that popped up on a google search for knight logo vector. I really liked the way it looked, and really wanted a good looking knight logo to complete this concept but in no way am I taking credit for the logo. 

5983579d44f6e_knights1.thumb.png.9d47be23023b542c8a6095024126199e.png

Last, the Buffalo Sabres! Went back to a much more traditional look, including lightening both the blue and gold. Went with a fauxback striping pattern as well to tie it all together.

sabres.thumb.png.465668d2759a0933915c6583b110f802.png 

Arizona's Jersey design looks good, but would benefit from muting the gold to a sand color. It's a better color scheme, and one that works with the locale, while being unique. You should also put the white back into the logo. It's a large enough area that it will add enough white to the whole jersey, and will really make the logo pop. Right now it's just kind of there.

Vegas needs more color. The gold on gold feels bland, and makes the jersey feel plain and lost in the overall design. The front and center logo is about branding. You want something easily distinguishable, from a distance. This concept falls very short, on that front.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived