Indiana Pacers New Uniforms, Alternate Logos

upperV03

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2017 at 10:46 PM, LakeShow24 said:

The sides look amazing but the front looks horrible. I'm not a fan of crowded letters in a nba jersey (GS did it fine).

I agree 100%. The more I look at them the more I like them but I can't help at cringing at the front.

If ONLY they didn't crowd the front jersey with both "Indiana" and "Pacers" these would be a reasonable rebrand. 

These jerseys though are like looking at a model with a nice body but ugly face.

shado_logo.gif

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 11:51 AM, ChadR11 said:

I really want the Pacers to have a unique uniform set from the rest of the league, but I really hope there are no pinstripes.  And if they try to do something inspired by the Flo-Jo's, but with pinstripes?  Ugh. Blending two different uniform sets does not seem to be a good idea.

I'm hoping for some gradient:)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Can't believe they haven't figured out yet how stupid this is...

If it sells ..................... but, yeah, I agree. I hate it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

I still think this should be their Community/City uniform not a Classic.

There are a few of the new jersey I feel the same way about. Namely, the Dallas Skyline, Oakland The Town, Clippers LAC logo jersey -- to name a couple. They seem more geared toward a community jersey than an athlete mindset -- or whatever the Nike speak is on that? 

I'd love to see a return of an ABA jersey or the Flo Jos again for the Pacers.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 minutes ago, kimball said:

There are a few of the new jersey I feel the same way about. Namely, the Dallas Skyline, Oakland The Town, Clippers LAC logo jersey -- to name a couple. They seem more geared toward a community jersey than an athlete mindset -- or whatever the Nike speak is on that? 

I'd love to see a return of an ABA jersey or the Flo Jos again for the Pacers.

I agree about the others, and I would agree about the Warriors’ “The Town” uniforms as well, but their Community uniform will be a new version of the Chinese New Year sets they’ve had the past two seasons (I believe Conrad has said it’ll be blue and yellow), which is also pretty fitting for the Bay Area Community. Between the two, I’d say the “The Town” uniform is the more fitting choice for the Statement uniform than the CNY one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I feel like the Pacers organization has fed into the belief that pro basketball doesn't work in Indiana. They are pandering to the wrong part of the fan base and have been ever since the brawl in Detroit. And thus we have the "Indiana Grows Basketball" mantra and Hickory uniforms. They should be focusing on the young fans because they gravitate towards the NBA anyways. On top of that, they do a terrible job of growing any kind of branding that they do choose. For the longest time, I was trying to get good Pacers gear and couldn't find it anywhere. And there isn't a lot of people around Indy or the state for that matter that I see wearing it. See Colts or IU/Purdue/Notre Dame/"insert bandwagon team" all the time. My interest in the Pacers has gone from die hard watching every minute of those really bad post-Brawl teams to hardly watching them now when they are actually a decent, up and coming team. 

FYI I like the Hickory uniforms and the idea around them but not when that's the entire marketing concept for the organization. 

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Archived