Jump to content

Indiana Pacers New Uniforms, Alternate Logos


upperV03
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Pacers still look better than OKC,LAX, Brooklyn,New Orleans, Toronto..

 

Wish this or the other secondary logo was their center court logo instead.

 

indiana-lines-1.png

I know this is the shape of Indiana, but this looks like I'm looking at a wall that I can't get past...which, ironically, also describes the Pacers' lack of championships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DJT said:

IMG_3182.JPGFont looks better here. 

 

I disagree. I think this shows the limitation of the idea. A full two digit number basically touches the text. They need more breathing room to accommodate all numbers. It’s like they designed Lance’s jersey, said “Looks great!” and then sent it off to production without checking how a two digit looks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, keynote said:

Man, that #22 is really testing the tolerances of the interior circle of the word mark.  The #33 doesn't look as bad in comparison. 

 

The 33 looks better because the yellow outline is lost on the white jersey. 22's white outline stands out on the navy, making the number look thicker. Same reason why 22's team name is near illegible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I disagree. I think this shows the limitation of the idea. A full two digit number basically touches the text. They need more breathing room to accommodate all numbers. It’s like they designed Lance’s jersey, said “Looks great!” and then sent it off to production without checking how a two digit looks.

Wow, that's bad. The uniforms I mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bradbury said:

 

The 33 looks better because the yellow outline is lost on the white jersey. 22's white outline stands out on the navy, making the number look thicker. Same reason why 22's team name is near illegible.

Good point.  The curved corners of the "3" may also give #33 a little more space; the #22 looks the tightest in the bottom left corner, where the sharp corner of the "2" juts out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some things I really like: the full team name on the front, the cornrow design and the shorts in their entirety.

 

My biggest complaints, though, are the outlined numbers and wordmark on the front with single layer names and numbers on the back (on the road set), as well as the truncated side panels -- just have it go all the way down to the shorts. Just looks like an unfinished product. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

Pacers still look better than OKC,LAX, Brooklyn,New Orleans, Toronto..

 

Wish this or the other secondary logo was their center court logo instead.

 

indiana-lines-1.png

 

 

HoosierNet Telecom: Connecting The Crossroads

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Pacers still look better than OKC,LAX, Brooklyn,New Orleans, Toronto..

 

Wish this or the other secondary logo was their center court logo instead.

 

indiana-lines-1.png

 

From my experiences driving up and down I-65 north of Indianapolis, the yellow and gray should probably be flipped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like quite a few people on here really like the shorts -- for those of you who do, what is it specifically that you like about them?

 

I can't get past the truncated side panels, the randomly angled cuts that truncate the side panels, and the odd fit of the logo in between the randomly angled cuts truncating the side panels. I just see a handful of design elements that look questionable and lack apparent reason, so I'm genuinely curious as to what positives people see here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

From my experiences driving up and down I-65 north of Indianapolis, the yellow and gray should probably be flipped.

 

These days, that whole section is orange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

It seems like quite a few people on here really like the shorts -- for those of you who do, what is it specifically that you like about them?

 

I can't get past the truncated side panels, the randomly angled cuts that truncate the side panels, and the odd fit of the logo in between the randomly angled cuts truncating the side panels. I just see a handful of design elements that look questionable and lack apparent reason, so I'm genuinely curious as to what positives people see here. 

 

I don't have a good answer when you break it down like that in terms of how it's designed. It seems as if we too often get logos inside of a side panel, and I just like how clean the P looks on the open, white background of the home shorts -- in addition to having already mentioned that I like the cornrows.

 

It's really noticeable here: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's how the Pacers' new navy uniform looks in NBA 2K18:

IMG_6508.thumb.JPG.dd12cfadf650e472ae15b16e40d86990.JPG

This screenshot also gives us a glimpse at how the Warriors' shorts might translate to Nike's template, and it also gives us a better idea at what the Nike NBA socks will look like. Judging by the Pacers' socks in this screenshot, it looks like there will be team-specific versions available, at least with the team-specific colors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.