Nuggets unveil new uniforms*

Cujo

To be honest, I really didn't like that first Melo set at all. Unpopular opinion - I've never liked powder blue and gold together that much unless there's a much darker third color (used in decent quantity) to balance things out a little, and royal blue was a terrible third color choice. There wasn't good enough contrast between the two blues, and so to me it always looked like straight powder blue and gold and I hated it. It took switching out royal to navy before it looked better, and that change really did improve how I saw the set. I wish they'd just had that from the start. 

I don't want Denver to go navy primarily full-time unless they go 90's or skyline inspired, so I'm a little iffy on what they've shown so far. They look pretty, pretty, pretty good when there's a rounded balance of powder, gold, and navy and it'd be a shame to lose that look in the league to Pacers-West or Jazz-Just-a-Little-Further-East.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Old School Fool said:

The Nuggets got it right in 2003.

carmelo-anthony.jpg

+1.

Fans of this set (myself included) can thank Kiki Vandeweghe for this motif. While running the team, the ex-UCLA Bruin thought the Nuggets would be best served wearing his school's colors. 

I'll be incredibly disappointed if Denver strays completely from this look. By far, better than the 47-color rainbow skyline. 

PS. Make the damn pickaxe roundel the primary already !!

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

Nuggets should have went the Colorado Buffalo route. Gold and black would look good for the Nuggets. NBA needs a gold and black team.

Drake has that covered in Toronto.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

The sky blue set was still a downgrade.

Lawson_Faried_9394_5_600.jpg?itok=9s4xQz

I liked those too, but it's too bad the Nuggets had like 150 wins and 26,000 losses in those unis.

9 minutes ago, Esco said:

It's easy to forget about Canada.

I know you're joking...but many in this forum would probably think they are worth remembering.

25 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

The sky blue set was still a downgrade.

Lawson_Faried_9394_5_600.jpg?itok=9s4xQz

Those are great, especially since they came out during a time when dark blue wasn't nearly the go-to primary color that it's been for the past 10-15 years (circa 1993). I think Indiana was the only other team to feature dark blue during that period.

10 hours ago, Esco said:

Nuggets should have went the Colorado Buffalo route. Gold and black would look good for the Nuggets. NBA needs a gold and black team.

As a fan and native, I would say that's a mighty fine idea. Never even thought of it, but damn, that could be amazing ?

New teaser for the Nuggets, in which the bottom right image basically confirms that the side panels on the white uniform will now be navy instead of light blue:

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the "Icon" uniform will now be navy instead of light blue as well.

And here's the teaser which was already posted to the general NBA Changes thread earlier:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived