Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Sounds like they're going back to a more Oilers like color pallette, which is different from what this very handsome man did here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/61477381/Tennessee-Titans-Concept

The dark gray doesn't do anything for me. I've seen you do better stuff.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Teal said:

Didn't the owner's wife say something about the change not being too drastic? 

16 hours ago, kimball said:

The owner herself. I'm not buying the rumors. 

She actually said the opposite. She was quoted as saying the changes are "not minor"

The dark gray with navy has the same problem the Eagles' set does: it doesn't provide for much contrast and they sort of blend together.  It also throws in an extraneous color when having the two blues, red, and white feels more than adequate.

12 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

The dark gray with navy has the same problem the Eagles' set does: it doesn't provide for much contrast and they sort of blend together.  It also throws in an extraneous color when having the two blues, red, and white feels more than adequate.

Well said.  

And not to be redundant...McCarthy you do great work (I wasn't trying to be flippant or anything)...just that one color made me say "ugh"

17 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'm struggling to think of a time in recent history where an NFL team has had a drastic change in their color scheme. Shades will change here and there but for the most part the team colors stay true.  I think there's something to be said for that. Compare that to the NBA where you could see a team go through 10 colors in 8 years. Overall, I hope the Titans don't do anything too crazy. 

The only teams i recall with crazy color scheme changes are teams in the NHL such as the sabres or in the NBA when Vancouver moved to Memphis.

3 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

The only teams i recall with crazy color scheme changes are teams in the NHL such as the sabres or in the NBA when Vancouver moved to Memphis.

NBA has had like 15-20 teams go through crazy color changes in the last 25 years...and in the NHL you have the Canucks, Ducks, Caps, Coyotes, Sabres (as you said)...

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Well said.  

And not to be redundant...McCarthy you do great work (I wasn't trying to be flippant or anything)...just that one color made me say "ugh"

Here's why I used it:

TitansMascotAxe.jpg

Trying to incorporate that dark gray metal color into the uniforms so they're more interesting than just navy blue and light blue, which is a less out-there color scheme now than it was in 1999. Also trying to avoid using yet another white or dark blue helmet and the light blue helmets didn't fit with the direction I was trying to go. Nobody in the NFL uses a dark gray lid. 

I see the Eagles comparison which is why I stayed away from mashing the gray into the numbers or logos. My approach was to use it in the uniforms similar to how the Bucs use pewter. I don't need heavy contrast with my yokes or pants stripes. I just want it present. 

Sorry about highjacking the thread with my concept. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Here's why I used it:

TitansMascotAxe.jpg

Trying to incorporate that dark gray metal color into the uniforms so they're more interesting than just navy blue and light blue, which is a less out-there color scheme now than it was in 1999. Also trying to avoid using yet another white or dark blue helmet and the light blue helmets didn't fit with the direction I was trying to go. Nobody in the NFL uses a dark gray lid. 

I see the Eagles comparison which is why I stayed away from mashing the gray into the numbers or logos. My approach was to use it in the uniforms similar to how the Bucs use pewter. I don't need heavy contrast with my yokes or pants stripes. I just want it present. 

Sorry about highjacking the thread with my concept. 

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Sounds like they're going back to a more Oilers like color pallette, which is different from what this very handsome man did here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/61477381/Tennessee-Titans-Concept

Those concepts are gorgeous. Dark gray is rare in the NFL, and could be a great addition to a color scheme if applied right. I've said before that the Panthers would look great if they switch their silver for dark gray.

See the source image

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image

Sounds like someone else has backed up the OP on the Titans reddit. Said he sent the details to a friend who works for the Titans and received an "It's true" repsonse. 

Seems strange for 2 people to back this up if it didn't have any merit, but then again it is the internet.

7 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

She actually said the opposite. She was quoted as saying the changes are "not minor"

Let’s not misconstrue it. She inferred that the design changes are “not minor,” but also that “it’s not a total color change or anything like that.” Red and silver would certainly be a total color change, considering their current palette of double blues, white, and very minimal doses of red.

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/titans-uniform-alterations-for-2018-are-complete-amy-adams-strunk-it-s-not-minor

37 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Red and silver would certainly be a total color change, considering their current palette of double blues, white, and very minimal doses of red.

Actually, red and silver are in their color palette now, so it's not a complete change at all - if it's true. 

11 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

Actually, red and silver are in their color palette now, so it's not a complete change at all - if it's true. 

You got me with those tiny red stars on the helmet.

Transitioning from this:

titans2017sked.jpg

usa_today_10257612.0.jpg

mariota600-111517b.jpg

853191032-seattle-seahawks-v-tennessee-t

To something vaguely like these (as far as color balance of Reddit rumor of red and silver (+ powder blue of course), does not qualify as a “complete change?”

111029_0264-vi.jpg

17RUTGERSweb-master1050.jpg

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

35 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

You got me with those tiny red stars on the helmet

And the flames! 

36 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

To something vaguely like these (as far as color balance of Reddit rumor of red and silver (+ powder blue of course), does not qualify as a “complete change?”

I was talking about the palette. IF it's true, they are not adding colors, and maybe subtracting a color. 

16 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

It happens in the MLB also: Marlins, Astros, Diamondbacks

To a lesser extent: Padres, Angels

. . . and the Devil Rays/Rays.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived