Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Why do I get the feeling that some people’s knowledge of Greek mythology comes entirely from Disney’s Hercules?

And only the Playstation game, to boot.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Why do I get the feeling that some people’s knowledge of Greek mythology comes entirely from Disney’s Hercules?

But according to the ancient reels, he put the “glad” in  “gladiator.”

Though I would argue that a design which resonates on that level would be more digestible than the other extreme - obnoxiously obscure historic linchpins that requires a meandering Nike-speak explanation to make sense. In fact, Nashville as “The Athens of the South” might be the real-world, homogenized equivalent of that movie.

16 hours ago, msubulldog said:

What would we consider "major" or "minor"?  Moving the TV numbers from the shoulders to the sleeves? Getting rid of one of the three pairs of pants? Adding silver as a quid pro quo for retiring an existing pair of pants? Introducing a #ColorRush set in a never-seen color like red or silver? Changing the color of the helmet?

what i would consider a major change is if they look like a different team. the uniforms will certainly be new, there are new elements, but how much change there is i can't say for certain. it just wouldnt surprise me if its a Lions-like shift

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

40 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Here are some more BS rumors from some Reddit troll claiming to have seen them: 

I will say, some of these things sound plausible based on the teaser photos. 

There seems to be an odd red color appearing behind the mesh collar area.

There are definitely silver and grey color blocks that could be side panels, sleeves, or some type of striping. 

But there's no chance that "remember the titans is a thing"

It's also possible these are all made up by the user after seeing the teaser images...so...

He's not telling us anything we don't know. Responses in the reddit thread are like "Wow, sounds legit, because what you described matches what we already know!"...as if some douche can't make up a story based on the teasers.  When asked about the Dolphins he says "They are really clean and that’s all I’ll be saying about them until tomorrow". 1) The Dolphins unis are already really "clean" (almost too clean) and 2) that's an astonishing lack of detail compared to how he described the Titans unis; surely he could have said something about them other than "clean".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the Reddit guy is clumsily claiming that any change will blindside Dolphins fans, not realizing their update has already been reported to the public.

I really haven't bought any of the rumors out there for any of the teams making changes, but I wouldn't be surprised if that Titans uni description is 100% spot-on.

The only thing about that Reddit user’s info that might have merit is the reflective border around the numbers:  Nike began offering that as a number option just this offseason to colleges and high schools.  

However, while the “red baselayer” corroborates with the sneak peek we saw, Nike’s Vapor Untouchable template only has 5 panels I believe and is super thin woven fabric with perforations in the lower body.  I highly doubt they’d add a whole second layer of fabric, and that also doesn’t work well with the all light blue side panel. 

I’m not buying it.

You can tell it's bullsh!t because nobody is coming out with side panels anymore. What decade is this guy living in?

My theory is that they still have the contrasting yoke, but the front 2/3 is columbia, and the back 1/3 is gray.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

It's also possible these are all made up by the user after seeing the teaser images...so...

That's exactly what they did.

I also wouldn't doubt that they've lurked here and got inspiration from some of the crackpot extrapolation that some members have done from the teaser photos. It's a public site, ya know.

5 hours ago, Gupti said:

That's exactly what they did.

I also wouldn't doubt that they've lurked here and got inspiration from some of the crackpot extrapolation that some members have done from the teaser photos. It's a public site, ya know.

I think we're reaching the point where the discrediting theories are becoming less plausible than the actual uni descriptions.

16 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I think the Reddit guy is clumsily claiming that any change will blindside Dolphins fans, not realizing their update has already been reported to the public.

Forgive my ignorance (or perhaps forgetfulness) but what are the Dolphins changing again? I recall that we expected something very minor, but do we know for sure what it is?

Archived