Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so like... i'm a titans fan... and a former oilers fan... and a fan of traditional looks...

but i really hope this reddit guy is 100% legit. i doubt it, because it's a reddit guy... but scraped metal, red, and columbia sounds ridiculously sexy to me.

as i've said all along, if the titans wanna go full-on ridiculous with this overhaul, i'm down. we're basically one of the most irrelevant teams in pro sports. why not have some fun with it?

On 1/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, McCarthy said:

I'm going to be honest. While well-rendered, I'm not in love with the logos.

The primary mark doesn't say "Titan" to me. It strikes me as looking more like Nicol Williamson playing Merlin in Excalibur.

As for the secondary logo, all I can see is a Quidditch Snitch.

2 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

The primary mark doesn't say "Titan" to me. It strikes me as looking more like Nicol Williamson playing Merlin in Excalibur.

I'm not sure what that is, but I keep seeing the logo for the defunct Knoxville Speed.

nzoorq.jpg

On 1/29/2018 at 4:27 PM, henburg said:

It's official, our first claimed leakers are coming out of the woodwork on the Titans subreddit. I am skeptical to say the least, but the details are intriguing and waaay different than some of the stuff we have been predicting- 

ZLHXmSh.png

Red taking the lead as a color would be very surprising to me. It's also odd to me that this person has claimed to have seen the uniforms but not new logos, but it could help his story because if he felt the need to lie about uniforms than why not just lie about the logos too? I'm definitely reading too much into this. These also sound very similar to Rutgers' Nike uniforms. 

Silver helmets and red jerseys...maybe someone was a Showboats fan.

The Titans are a great example of only needing minor changes. I don't see why a complete overhaul is really necessary. If it were up to me (and it's not), I'd simply drop the stripe on the helmet, chance the facemask to white, keep the light blue as the primary color/jersey, change the shoulders on the home uniforms, and a different number font (maybe).

As a Seahawks fan, I thought the changes we made the the uniforms in 2012 were too much, there was nothing wrong with the uniforms we had. Yes I'm glad that we added gray and green became a more predominate color, but I think that minor tweaking is all that Seattle really needed that time. And honestly, even though I became a fan of the team in 2002, I kinda lament the fact that we don't go back to the blue and evergreen colors. 

It seems, to me, that too many teams are going with darker color schemes and are not all that colorful. Look at the history of teams that did make overhaul changes and you'll notice that they went from lighter colors to darker ones:

Patriots, Bills (but they have since reverted), Eagles, Seahawks, Buccaneers, Rams (circa 2000), Jaguars, Broncos, just to name off the top of my head. I liked that the Dolphins went lighter with their revamp a few years ago and that the 49ers excised their darker elements (although I'm still not a fan of a grey facemask on any helmet that isn't silver/grey). The point is that I think the Titans logo is fine, the colors are fine, they just need new uniforms that are brighter with a few subtle changes is all.

6 hours ago, Teal said:

So 6 people have seen it. I wonder if the red rumours will turn out true?

Well the reddit post was obviously bullcrap, since it said there was a totally new logo. So the red primary jerseys are probably bullcrap too.

spacer.png

Another local Nashville sports radio debunks the rumors on Periscope around the ~54:30 mark. They're a reliable source from my understanding. 

It sounds like red will definitely be present, but will not be the primary color. If I had to predict what he means when he says he knows something about red, I'd guess that red will be emphasized over navy to create a bit of a modern Oilers callback with navy accents. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I'm still bummed that there wont be logo changes, but if not for the leak I would never have gotten my hopes up for that in the first place, so oh well. 

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

My self-imposed charge was attempting to do something different than the standard flaming, faceless battle helmet you see in so many other Titans concepts. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 2/1/2018 at 12:46 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I've never understood the concept of wanting your helmet to look like you just got the crap knocked out of you.  Seems counter productive.

Because battle scars look KEWL OBV!

18 hours ago, Gupti said:

So, for the camp who keeps saying that they should go back to something like an "Oilers-inspired look with modern influence," this is more or less what you're looking for, no?

1HuFyVD.png

Yes. Especially the part that says "BILLS" on it. And the Bills' logo on the helmet. 

All sarcasm aside, I don't think a traditional helmet stripe would look good with the flaming thumbtack, but that Photoshop otherwise looks very good. If the Chargers aren't gonna emphasize light blue, the Titans need to.

Archived