Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nah. If we can live in a world where the Lakers are in Los Angeles? The Oilers can play in Tennessee.

We can also live in a world where the Jazz play in Utah, where they don't allow music.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 minutes ago, insert name said:

Oilers are dead and never coming back. Get over it. 

You're probably right, but the rights to the Oilers' identity and records rests with the Titans (they even break out the throwbacks every now and then). So if anyone's going to bring the Oilers back? I rather it be the Titans and not the Texans.

Out: It's awesome the Hurricanes are bringing back Whalers stuff...here's what they should wear: 80swhalers.jpg

In: Old teams are dead and in the past.  Get over it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You're probably right, but the rights to the Oilers' identity and records rests with the Titans (they even break out the throwbacks every now and then). So if anyone's going to bring the Oilers back? I rather it be the Titans and not the Texans.

When have the Titans ever worn Oilers throwbacks, besides the 2009 AFL unis?

ClAFLDa.png

On 2/3/2018 at 9:10 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah. Usually you would want to be one of the knights with the least amount of battle damage on his helm.

What do I know? I'm not a Nike spokesperson/alchemist.

On the other hand, I would argue that pristine, flawless armor indicates that a warrior has never participated in battle.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

On the other hand, I would argue that pristine, flawless armor indicates that a warrior has never participated in battle.

On the other hand, a guy that's been shot doesn't wear the same clothes he was shot in just to prove it.

Plus we should probably assume that if a dude is in the NFL, there's a strong chance he's been in "battle" at some point.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

When have the Titans ever worn Oilers throwbacks, besides the 2009 AFL unis?

Meh. Does it matter? They wore Oilers throwbacks. It's the team and league acknowledging that the Titans are the rightful holders of the Oilers identity.

It's no different than the Jets wearing "New York Titans" throwbacks, only no one's clamouring for the NY Titans to come back.

3 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Not if they have access to blacksmiths who would repair damages. Not to mention personal care knights would take to polish their own armour and weaponry. They'd take pride in maintaining a suit of armour (for a variety of reasons) and wouldn't let it stay dinged and battered for long.

So even soldiers and knights who had seen battle would probably have pristine or near-pristine armour by the time of the next engagement.

No solider in the ancient or medieval world went long with battle-scarred armour unless they had no other choice.

34 minutes ago, insert name said:

Oilers are dead and never coming back. Get over it. 

I will never get over it. The Oilers' relocation, following the loss of Los Angeles and Cleveland, should have been the point where the NFL said "no more of this" and blocked a fourth relocation in three years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not if they have access to blacksmiths who would repair damages. Not to mention personal care knights would take to polish their own armour and weaponry. They'd take pride in maintaining a suit of armour (for a variety of reasons) and wouldn't let it stay dinged and battered for long.

So even soldiers and knights who had seen battle would probably have pristine or near-pristine armour by the time of the next engagement.

No solider in the ancient or medieval world went long with battle-scarred armour unless they had no other choice.

RF_uQ9xO6JqpOb-WKfZ7URFk01uNU_D6Gkjopzcb

"But battle damage is SO KEWL!" He says this before he does parking lot doughnuts while reciting quotes from Fight Club and The Rumble Fish, trying desperately to assert his masculinity over people who look more embarrassed than frightened.

Seriously though, the "battle damage" look is best left for model kits and action figures, not a football uniform.

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

On the other hand, a guy that's been shot doesn't wear the same clothes he was shot in just to prove it.

Plus we should probably assume that if a dude is in the NFL, there's a strong chance he's been in "battle" at some point.

On the other hand, people own lots of clothes, but usually only one suit of armor.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived