Los Angeles Clippers New Uniforms

crashcarson15

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Please discuss the new Clippers uniforms, to be unveiled Friday here, not in the NBA Changes thread.

New policy is that discussions can and should happen both in individual threads and in megathreads?   Do we know if the Clippers' changes are substantial, or "largely the same"?

Quite the improvement, but that's not saying much over the old set. It's about as best they can do with what identity they've created. Expecting one of the other uniform options to have the nautical flags then apparently.

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

New policy is that discussions can and should happen both in individual threads and in megathreads?   Do we know if the Clippers' changes are substantial, or "largely the same"?

We knew from leaks that these changes would be substantial, so I split the discussion off ahead of time.

Anyway, I think these are the first unequivocal upgrade of the Nike era. Really like this set.

6fQjS3M.png

NAUTICAL HERITAGE

EMBRACE TRADITION

Unique asymmetrical color design, inspired by maritime navigational lights, with red on the left (port) side and blue on the right (starboard) side.

THE HULL + HORIZON

INSPIRED DESIGN

Clipper ships inspired the uniform's horizontal lines, emblematic of the ocean horizon and a ship’s hull cutting through the water

Agree with the consensus here, though I'm not a fan of asymmetric trim. But I will say that on these new ones the weird white line inside the Clippers wordmark really sticks out. Is it trying to create a drop shadow effect or what? Looks like an Illustrator error.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived