Minnesota Lynx New Logo

hettinger_rl

Don't like the Wolves new logo neither I do this one. As are the wolves in both the parent club and G League team logos, this lynx is also poorly illustrated. The previous logo was a hundred times better, as in the Wolves' case too.

"As a fan, I'm not a fan."

I actually follow the WNBA more closely than I do the NBA, so I don't really care about Glen Taylor trying to bring all his teams under a single branding. With the level of autonomy the WNBA has these days, and the Lynx being one of their league's powerhouses, I don't see the point in mimicking the least popular big four team in the MSP area. 

I liked the previous Lynx logo. The concept here is sound, but the execution on the Lynx head feels a bit poor. Like they put out something they weren't quite happy with and said, "eh, good enough for the WNBA."

Yes, the previous set was a bit dated, but they won three championships with it. Moving to a shoddy, but modern logo that apes a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2004 is a questionable move.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived