Tennessee Titans Redesign (Uni Watch Challenge)

Jake Manternach Creative

Hey all!

Here's a mockup I did for the UniWatch Challenge for redesigning the Tennessee Titans. The sleeve pattern comes from the Greek origin of a titan. I also wanted to incorporate the baby blue as no other NFL team really uses that color. Lastly, I went with the 1973 Houston Oilers throwback, mostly because of the one helmet rule. 

Let me know what you think!

Jake Manternach

WatermarkedTitansUniforms.jpg

As a Titans fan this is the closest concept to what I've had in my mind! I've felt like the greco-roman pattern should be on the sleeves and pants. I've also wanted a light blue helmet. Bravo on these two fronts!

Only thing I'd change is the helmet logo. I see nothing wrong with keeping the flaming thumbtack.

I would like to see what the road would look like with navy numerals and light blue trim.

2 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Lots of value in a brand they rightfully own, though. Besides, who didn't love that '09 Jets Titans vs. Titans Oilers game?

The problem I have it's literally just... there. Other than the logo, there doesn't seem to be any connection to the Oilers in any other way: template, colors, etc. It feels out of place. Might as well be a proper throwback uniform, it would work a lot better with the logo.

Beyond that, this concept looks pretty good.

Just now, Quillz said:

The problem I have it's literally just... there. Other than the logo, there doesn't seem to be any connection to the Oilers in any other way: template, colors, etc. It feels out of place. Might as well be a proper throwback uniform, it would work a lot better with the logo.

Beyond that, this concept looks pretty good.

35f1f8d106fc9100e5a834cf8907542b--nfl-co

21 hours ago, Jake Manternach Creative said:

Hey all!

Here's a mockup I did for the UniWatch Challenge for redesigning the Tennessee Titans. The sleeve pattern comes from the Greek origin of a titan. I also wanted to incorporate the baby blue as no other NFL team really uses that color. Lastly, I went with the 1973 Houston Oilers throwback, mostly because of the one helmet rule. 

Let me know what you think!

Jake Manternach

WatermarkedTitansUniforms.jpg

Not bad. Certainly fits the name better than the flaming thumbtack does. The Greek pattern feels a little overdone though.

What about adjusting the shape of the helmet opening to match the shape of the "T" in the font you're using for the wordmark? The Vegan Golden Knights do it, but a similar idea might work here too. And, the shape would seem more appropriate in this application, to the Greek aesthetic in place here.

Archived