citychris05

St. Louis Browns - Horseman Logo

I'm quite intrigued by this logo that is included on the St. Louis Browns' page.

1340.thumb.png.789275c6a60ada5bbd07b54e767bb37c.png

Does anyone know what the team used the logo on? Was it featured on sleeve patches or programs or caps?

Are there any old photos that include the design? I tried several searches on Google Images, but sadly didn't find much. 

I have no inside knowledge of this, but according to this site: http://billsportsmaps.com/?category_name=baseball-teams-farm-teams

it was a shoulder patch from 1937-1940. All I can find right now.

This photo seems to back that up, but it might be a little bit different than the logo in question.8851798_orig.jpg

Also found this photo: there are some more out there if you google specific years plus "st. louis browns".

https://www.google.com/search?q=1938+st.+louis+browns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE_JmnxtfVAhWGTSYKHVdWDmwQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1545&bih=916#imgrc=P-C0V2baYBSMeM:

Don't believe it ever found its way to a cap, but it was used everywhere else.  This is the Browns' 1944 American League champions ring

13266322%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=u

It was obviously their primary logo in those days and appears on a lot of materials. 

a5c0e843a33922f3084c785c6a0ec9aa--st-lou

It's also a jersey patch on this 1940 Chet Laabs gamer. 

26134_01_lg.jpg

And this 1939 season pass. 

st-louis-browns-baseball-pass-missouri-1

It was used into the 1950s, although this yearbook has the statue flipped. 

e84481a2f5d7aa9dcdfdff91a5f5bd8b--yearbo

(I'm not aware if that was ever an official variant or just a printer taking liberties.)

The silhouette itself is of a statue called "The Apotheosis of St. Louis", and until the Arch was built in the 1960s it was the principal icon of the city. 

St+Louis+statue.jpg

Many if not most of the Cooperstown Collection logos featured today were created in the 1990s.  But this one was genuine, and used as a primary logo by the club for many years.  It was retired when Bill Veeck bought the club and introduced a more cartoony mascot logo, as he had in Milwaukee and Cleveland before

bill-veeck-Browns.jpg

1 hour ago, citychris05 said:

I'm quite intrigued by this logo that is included on the St. Louis Browns' page.

1340.thumb.png.789275c6a60ada5bbd07b54e767bb37c.png

Does anyone know what the team used the logo on? Was it featured on sleeve patches or programs or caps?

Are there any old photos that include the design? I tried several searches on Google Images, but sadly didn't find much. 

i know that the logo is Saint Louis (Louis IX of France) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_IX_of_France

I would like to purchase this patch for a hat for my husband.  Where can I buy this?  Does anyone know?