Wonka's 2017 NHL Concept Dump (ADDED: Tutorial Video for Logo and Striping)

MrWonka

On 9/4/2017 at 9:42 PM, B-mer said:

Not too shabby. It's a cool logo, I'll have to check his work. But it's a good choice. I've always wanted the Bruins to have a new bear logo similar to that. 

I can't get over how much I want them to wear brown.

I really like your work. So on point for every team! I especially like the Canucks jersey, a real upgrade. Though not a fan of the blue and red stars for the Capitals. You could try to make them a little more subtile, maybe sublimated.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Initially I thought the stripes on Boston's were too busy but then I remembered that since their home color is black, the yellow stripes sandwiching the white blends into the background. I'd be curious to see how a slightly lighter shade of yellow works with that set, but the gold does blend nicely and having brown involved would be unique. Not sure if I'm sold on a heavy brown uniform, but I'm open to the idea.

Very solid work across the board though. Vegas, Detroit and Washington have been my favorites.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The gold in those Sens jerseys would be so much cooler if they were metallic.

Still not bad jerseys at all, though. This whole thread has been incredible.

Also, I like you putting "WONKA" on the gloves. Good way to keep people from stealing your stuff.

This one was inspired by the new Arenas jerseys they will be wearing for one game during the season. A lot of people have pegged this as their future Winter Classic jersey. I just meant it as a concept off of their 'almost' perfect uniform. To me, all it is would be making the arm striping and hem striping the same width, and of course getting a new style collar from the new Adidas rebrand.

TORaway.png

TORhome.png

Some really well executed concepts in this series! Love the buffalo set. Big ups for sharing a tutorial too, will definitely be checking it out. 

As for my hometown Senators. I love the use of their best logo, as well as the cheststripes, I'm not sold on the gold, but I think it would really pop a lot more if the gold was used a bit more sparingly. Maybe just on the outside of the chest stripe and not in the middle as well. IMO what made their original set so great was the minimal use of gold in just the logos, but definitely think it could work subtly on the stripe. Either way, great stuff! 

Hi, how are you?

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile but I've done a couple of concepts since the Edmonton one. 

Have one for the Jets. I went with a more classic striping pattern that is also mimicked on the shoulders. the tough part was deciding what logo to use. while I think I prefer the older logos I don't see them really going back to those. 

For Montreal, I didn't do the home jersey as there is no reason for me to mess with that. However, I was trying to give the away jersey something new and unique. It's almost a modern touch on a classic look in my opinion. Tried to have some fun with it.

home.png

away.png

mtlaway.png

Archived