Jump to content

The Mad Scientist's NBA


Sport
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/18/2017 at 0:41 PM, McCarthy said:

The Milwaukee Bucks

Bucks2.thumb.png.46f065cdf3908810eed79c028a9a1936.png

 

EDIT: fixed city name. 

 

Incorporated the "Irish Rainbows" of the 80's with their current uniforms, and their classic red/green color scheme as well as a 1990's inspired alternate uniform. To match the city's germanic ancestry is a pair of new wordmarks and number font using Mattox Shuler's fantastic font called Moonshiner.

 

YES!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love all of these so far. Really like Indy, why they dont incorporate racing elements is beyond me. Also the Hawks look fantastic, black, red, and yellow is just an awesome color scheme and the asymmetry works great with those unis.

 

I am a little scared for my Pistons.... I see A LOT of 90s throwbacks here.... please dont make me see them in that horrendous burgundy and teal again haha:lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

What will the secondary be used for? 

 

 

Starter jackets, player warmups*, and Zephyr hats

 

 

*The Mad Scientist has declared that every team wears their own unique warmup suit again. If I don't get lazy I'll post those too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and we're back. 

 

The Los Angeles Clippers.

 

@Lights Out did a great job using orange and light blue for the Clippers in his series and I swear I had this concept in the works before I saw his posted. I just think those colors are perfect for a southern Californian, coastal team, especially when the colors they do wear currently are overused in pro sports. The San Diego Clippers used them well before deciding to bore things up. 

 

Okay. The goal here was to capture the look and feeling of something you'd see on an LA beach in the late 60's. I love that era of the city, I love the signage around Dodger Stadium, I love that faded muted blue and orange which are reminiscent of an LA sky and sunset. I went back to a script font, went back to using the full Los Angeles vs the "elle ayy" that they've taken on as their official name. Dropped the MS paint LAC logo and went with the captain's wheel to embrace the nautical theme of their nickname. 

 

The 4th unis are intended to look like something you'd see on the beach today. Board shorts with a matching tank. It's a bit ridiculous, but I think if any team could make it work it'd be this one in this locale. 

 

 

 

clippers.thumb.png.4468a5f6ff29fb7de9b1393f098755ea.png     

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*BONUS CONTENT*

 

Alternate History. In the 90's the New Jersey Nets flirted with the idea of rebranding to the "New Jersey Swamp Dragons". Here's an imagining of what they might look like today if they had gone through with it 20+ years ago.

 

Dragons.thumb.png.71eaee781bac57f110d264836b14091c.png

 

The actual Nets concept is still a work in progress. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Jumping back into this with the Chicago Bulls

 

The Bulls logo is seriously outdated so I gave it a facelift. I think the Bulls have just about perfect basketball uniforms so that's pretty much the only change here besides some minor adjustments on the third and a home city uniform based on the Chicago flag. 

 

QiDS04A.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, CoolestSportsConcepts said:

These all look great! Especially like what you did with the Clippers.

 

Thank you!

 

20 hours ago, CoolestSportsConcepts said:

Also, I prefer the first set of Magic unis you did.

 

So do I. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I'll have Nets, Warriors, Cavs, Lakers, and Raptors coming atcha soon. 

Hopefully T-Wolves eventually.  I think the T-Wolves have a nice color scheme (and of course, a great logo) but don't use it well on their uniforms.

 

I realize you made some of these a long time ago, but I just stumbled upon it…

 

The Sonics logos set it great.  So are the OKC colors (and logos).  It's amazing what a not-so-grandiose change can do.

 

The Spurs probably don’t need much improvement but that light blue one is pretty sharp.  I like the nod to the colorful logo era.

 

I’m not feeling the “7” and “6” being different colors on the Philly jerseys.  Nor am I feeling the Iverson-era throwback…I wish that thing would just die.  But the Red and Blue jerseys are really sharp aside from the color on the 7s.

 

Love that yellow rockets jersey.  I think the gray would be well-served by some yellow, as well.

 

If there’s one I don’t like it’s the Charlotte primaries.  That big shoulder area does not strike me as something that would stick around.  

 

But then I see the Hawks primaries and all is forgiven.  I love that red jersey, particularly the white-free shorts.

 

I'm not really in a position to give you design advice, but I do think these look good overall.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Hopefully T-Wolves eventually.  I think the T-Wolves have a nice color scheme (and of course, a great logo) but don't use it well on their uniforms.

 

I plan on doing everybody and the Twolves should be soon. I've been a busy boy since last September so this got shelved, but it's been one of my favorite goof-around projects to work on. Most of the remaining teams I haven't gotten to yet for one of these 3 reasons: 1. I like what they're wearing already and they don't need to change much, 2. they need to change too much and I've been lazy about doing a full overhaul or 3. haven't yet come up with an idea that I think could supplant their current identity. 

 

 

 

54 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I realize you made some of these a long time ago, but I just stumbled upon it…

 

The Sonics logos set it great.  So are the OKC colors (and logos).  It's amazing what a not-so-grandiose change can do.

 

 

 

Thanks. The OKC logo will be getting some minor updates in the near future. It's nearly two years old now and there's things I think could be spruced up. 

 

54 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

 

 

 

The Spurs probably don’t need much improvement but that light blue one is pretty sharp.  I like the nod to the colorful logo era.

 

The colorful logo era/colorful floor era were great for the Spurs. Really provided some splash for a team in some of the most boring unis in the sport. I wish

 

54 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

 

I’m not feeling the “7” and “6” being different colors on the Philly jerseys.  Nor am I feeling the Iverson-era throwback…I wish that thing would just die.  But the Red and Blue jerseys are really sharp aside from the color on the 7s.

 

Thoughts there were to use the actual team name rather than the abbreviation and the different color was intended to match the logo. There's some things I would've done differently looking at it over six months later. 

 

54 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

 

Love that yellow rockets jersey.  I think the gray would be well-served by some yellow, as well.

 

If there’s one I don’t like it’s the Charlotte primaries.  That big shoulder area does not strike me as something that would stick around.  

 

 

May be my least favorite in the collection as well. Probably leaned too hard on the hexagon shape for influence here. 

 

54 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

 

 

But then I see the Hawks primaries and all is forgiven.  I love that red jersey, particularly the white-free shorts.

 

I'm not really in a position to give you design advice, but I do think these look good overall.

 

 

The Hawks are one of those teams that had a good thing going and abandoned it to try something less them. It was a little too wacky to bring back exactly as it was, but I felt like there were a lot of good ideas there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.