Winston-Salem State Univ. NEW LOGOS

4_tattoos

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Very much an upgrade. Also, I like the 'W' under the eye. I guess for Winston, but a nice touch for sure...if it was intended.

55 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Very much an upgrade. Also, I like the 'W' under the eye. I guess for Winston, but a nice touch for sure...if it was intended.

If you check out the hype video I posted at about the 1:23 mark the show a less detailed version (don't know proper word) of the logo without that random W that still looks pretty good.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Unpopular opinion: I like the old ram better. I feel like this is just another generic ram logo. Nothing unique or special about it. The wordmark font is also repeated many times in collegiate circles: Jacksonville State, UMass Lowell, Bridgewater State, Rhode Island College (D3), and it moves up to the Portland Trailblazers.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

22 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

It's a Division II HBCU. It had a cup of coffee in the MEAC in 2008-2010. Basketball HOF Earl Monroe went there.

They also played for the Division II football championship a few years ago.

I'm probably biased because I'm 30 minutes away from Winston-Salem and work in both academia and sports, but I guess it would be easy to forget about WSSU. There are 18 Division I and 20 Division II athletic programs in the state - you're probably going to forget a few.

As for the ram, it's an upgrade, but I don't love it. It somehow already looks dated - something just screams 2008 about it to me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

16 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I'm probably biased because I'm 30 minutes away from Winston-Salem and work in both academia and sports, but I guess it would be easy to forget about WSSU. There are 18 Division I and 20 Division II athletic programs in the state - you're probably going to forget a few.

As for the ram, it's an upgrade, but I don't love it. It somehow already looks dated - something just screams 2008 about it to me.

Why 2008, specifically?

11 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Why 2008, specifically?

I just picked a year in the late 00s.

5998d19661b10_WSSU2.jpg.f2171b358252761f

This logo/wordmark, specifically. Multiple outlines and bevels. The others don't have any outlines or bevels or shading, which would be more akin to contemporary design. The ram logo is detailed (not overly), but simpler logos have been more en vogue recently.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

42 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

And lost. =) 

It's about time they updated. The old logo looked....odd...to me. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived