NoE38's New Look NHL (Devils posted 2/5)

NoE38_Concepts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@b0ss pls Here's part 1.

Next up is the Minnesota Wild. For them, I was inspired by their inaugural jerseys. except with cream replacing white. The home jersey features two stripes on the sleeves, hem, yoke, and socks. The away uses the same pattern, except with a lot more green. The M from the Minnesota script is used as a shoulder logo.

psFnrFj.png

Cream Version:

BoOgZby.png

C&C and requests welcome.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Minnesota posted 9/4)(Requests taken)
11 minutes ago, mee said:

I like. How about making the away cream instead of white?

Rangers please :)

Whoops, I was going to put a cream version in the OP but forgot about it. OP is updated.

For the Rangers, sure thing! I'll try to get it up along with the Habs one sometime in the next few days.

spacer.png

ANA: I like the striping pattern on the home, but I'd fill the space between the silver and eggplant stripes on the away jersey white for better contrast.

PIT: Nice, unique look that ties together very well.

CHI: The pattern works well, and so does each colour, surprisingly.

TB: I love the logo you used. It matches the pattern very well. This fixes all the issues of the current set.

MIN: One of my favourite Wild concepts ever. The pattern looks amazing on both jerseys, though I like the white better than the wheat.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up is Le Blue-Blanc-et-Rouge, The Montreal Canadiens. I didn't want a completely different look for them, since their jerseys are timeless and never really should be changed. I went with an upper-shoulder pattern in the style of the hem stripes of the current jerseys, with the almost identical hem stripes still at the hem. Otherwise, pretty much everything else is the same, except for the double outline on the away numbers, which is now just the one outline.

rC6MRno.png

C&C and requests welcome, and the Rangers should be done soon.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Montreal posted 9/6)(Requests taken)

This is a solid concept for the "untouchable" Habs. I dont really like the different different striping patter on the away, but so many teams do this that its fine. Its more of just a personal preference.

Do the Redwings after the Rangers please. I'd love to see something crazy for them

On 9/6/2017 at 8:42 PM, GDLions said:

This is a solid concept for the "untouchable" Habs. I dont really like the different different striping patter on the away, but so many teams do this that its fine. Its more of just a personal preference.

Do the Redwings after the Rangers please. I'd love to see something crazy for them

Thanks! I'll definitely work on a Red Wings concept once I have time.

8 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

If you go cream instead of white I don't think you should stick with the white helmet for the set it looks a little off

The reason I stayed with white on that set was because I believe the NHL has a rule that the away team has to wear a white helmet on the road, otherwise, I completely agree.

51 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Just a little note in case you're considering submitting it to another website, you forgot to colour the gloves on an otherwise incredible Wild set.

Thanks so much. I didn't even notice that. I'll fix it and update it once I have time.

I'll try to get the Rangers up by Sunday.

spacer.png

Apologies for the double-post but at @mee's request, here are the Rangers!

The main inspiration for this set was the New York American's blue jersey, but to simplify it as much as possible, so I used the hem stripes from that set on the hem, arms, and socks, and used a plain white stripe as a chest stripe, with the Shield logo on the front (unpopular opinion; I think the shield logo should be on the Rangers' actual jerseys). Two stars adorn the shoulders, and the traditional pants are used. If you think the away looks like a Montreal jersey, I totally agree with you, but any other way i tried to include red didn't look great.

lVt9imi.png

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Rangers posted 9/8)(Requests taken)
19 hours ago, B-mer said:

Interesting. Certainly works better when you see that Montreal is different already. 

Would love to see take on Bruins. 

Yeah, that's actually what inspired the concept, since Montreal doesn't have a chest stripe, the Rangers felt like the right team to give it to. I'll definitely try to get a Bruins concept done sometime this week.

Next up is @GDLions's request, the Red Wings. This set was inspired by a concept I did earlier, along with the Detroit Falcons' jersey worn from 1930-32. I replaced the yoke stripes on the away are replaced with a simple red yoke. Other features of this set include the opposite coloured wing from 1973-84 being worn on the home jersey, and the Stadium Series D being promoted to shoulder patches.

kCTNc44.png

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Red Wings posted 9/9)(Requests taken)
On 9/9/2017 at 10:12 PM, mee said:

Not sure why the Rangers would have stars on their shoulders, but the design is great..

The stars are a tribute to the New York Americans, who had stars on the chest-yoke area.

Next up is the Boston Bruins, at @B-mer's request. Boston has one of the best looks in the league, except for two things, the yellow-on-white combination that never really works, and the brown that was a great part of their identity's history. IMO the brown they used was too bright, so I darkened it down a bit, and came up with a new striping pattern that gets rid of the yellow and white touching each other. That's it really.

MrjnNPQ.png

spacer.png

Archived