NoE38's New Look NHL (Devils posted 2/5)

NoE38_Concepts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviving this with a new concept!

This set is for the Philadelphia Flyers. At first I wanted to do an all-out tribute to the Quakers, but I couldn't get it to work, so I tried to go with a more unique striping pattern that still has a vintage feel. The home jersey was originally going to be just orange and black, but I managed to get the white in without ruining the look. The pattern is two thick stripes with two thinner stripes on the top and bottom. The reverse nameplates are kept.

pGTBWs8.png

C&C & any requests are appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Flyers posted 9/28)(Requests taken)
On 10/1/2017 at 3:39 PM, joob said:

Damn that rangers set looks hot. I like the ambition with the Bruins too! Good stuff. 

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

On 9/30/2017 at 10:38 PM, Zeus89725 said:

The whole series has been outstanding, so far. I like the new colors for the Bolts and Bruins.

Any chance I could request the Avs and Isles?

Thanks! Here are the Islanders, since I'm drawing blanks on what to do for the Avs.

For this set, I took a different direction from the obvious four stripes for the four Stanley Cups, instead going with three for three eras of different jersey designs; The originals, the Gorton's fishermans, and the Brooklyn Black. Blue is still the base colour, but now there is a different-coloured upper shoulder with the three stripes underneath it. The NY logo from the Brooklyn jerseys is the primary, and the lighthouse is on the shoulders, but recoloured to fit with the color scheme.

ni43ZP0.png

C&C and requests appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Islanders posted 10/2)(Requests taken)
2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

For this set, I took a different direction from the obvious four stripes for the four Stanley Cups, instead going with three for three eras of different jersey designs; The originals, the Gorton's fishermans, and the Brooklyn Black. Blue is still the base colour, but now there is a different-coloured upper shoulder with the three stripes underneath it. The NY logo from the Brooklyn jerseys is the primary, and the lighthouse is on the shoulders, but recoloured to fit with the color scheme.

ni43ZP0.png

C&C and requests appreciated!

Only changes I'd make would be to add orange to the home socks, and blue to the away ones. They just seem a little off in color as it is. Other than that, these are really nice!

The jersey design itself is really good, as said above, but a lot of the designs have been very shoulder-centric. I'd try some new styles, try to branch out a bit! Not saying it looks bad, because it doesn't at all, but it'd be nice to see some more "out there" designs, if you get what I'm saying.

Keep it up, though!

7 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Only changes I'd make would be to add orange to the home socks, and blue to the away ones. They just seem a little off in color as it is. Other than that, these are really nice!

The jersey design itself is really good, as said above, but a lot of the designs have been very shoulder-centric. I'd try some new styles, try to branch out a bit! Not saying it looks bad, because it doesn't at all, but it'd be nice to see some more "out there" designs, if you get what I'm saying.

Keep it up, though!

I definitely understand what you mean. I'll try to go with a crazier one for the Avs.

spacer.png

Flyers, Bolts, and Islanders are interesting takes on currently simplistic designs, same with the Wild. Though on not sold on the Canadians not having a chest stripe. Ill request me Sharks of San Jose as the next team.

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

@CodeG I'll start thinking of ideas for the sharks concept. Should be up soon.

@Zeus89725 First off, here's an Isles update.

H0gOxwa.png

Now, here is your Out-of-the-box Avs concept!

I honestly don't know whether this pattern is a great idea or should be burned at the stake. It consists of a yoke stretching down to the C-triangle logo, but with a triangle design outlining the logo, which represents the Mile High. The rest of the concept is subdued, but still not boring.

ocId78Z.png

C&C and requests welcome.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Avalanche posted 10/5)(Requests taken)

Here is the San Jose Sharks, requested by @CodeG.

My goal for this concept was to replace the Sharks' orange with silver, and make it more prominent on the jersey. Both jerseys feature sleeve-length yokes, inspired by one of my favourite sets ever worn, the Sharks' 1998-07 jerseys. The striping pattern is entirely original, featuring two larger stripes and a smaller stripe on the bottom. The sock stripes make this pattern symmetrical.

tZPPfRx.png

C&C and requests welcome, but don't expect any new up soon, since I'm putting this series on hiatus for a while so I can start another series while I'm still interested in it, which should be up today or tomorrow.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Sharks posted 10/9)
10 hours ago, NoE38 said:

From which years? I'm getting a lot of different options from Colorwerx.

Forgot to clarify, sorry bout that, the original color they wore on their expansion jerseys

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

• 3 months later...

Reviving this series with a set for the Devils.

I went a completely different direction for this, Using a chest stripe with a non-traditional pattern featuring two small stripes with a big one underneath. The arms and socks match this, and the hem contains a small bold stripe. The away jersey features a red yoke, and the same font is kept.

cMNbT01.png

C&C, and any requests are appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Devils posted 2/5)

Archived