Sports game etiquette

Burkell007

So I'm going to a few game in sept. (K-state at vandy sept 16th & Boston Red Sox vs Cincinnati Reds sept 22nd) These are my first "BIG" games I'm going to, so what things should I know, or what things are frowned upon(like if it's half way through the game and there is ahead of me empty seats can I move up?). Or talegating and bp, tips. Stuff like that.

For that Reds game you can probably move closer in later innings as it's unlikely to be very full and it'll be last home stand of the season so the ushers probably won't mind if people move forward. I've been doing it all summer. Cheap tickets is the only benefit of having such a lousy team. It's funny, but in the dozens if not hundred Reds game I've been to I can't say I've ever gotten to a Reds game early enough to see BP. I imagine that would be cool to see. 

Pregame there's a bunch of spots around the ballpark for a bite and a drink. Holy Grail is usually where I go. It is right across the street from the stadium. Postgame should have fireworks and maybe a music act. 

As far as etiquette goes just be nice and have fun and don't swear around small children. Not really much to it. If you're wearing Red Sox colors don't worry about it, nobody will hassle you. The recent down years have made us quite accommodating to visiting fans. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, lilben777 said:

So I'm going to a few game in sept. (K-state at vandy sept 16th & Boston Red Sox vs Cincinnati Reds sept 22nd) These are my first "BIG" games I'm going to, so what things should I know, or what things are frowned upon(like if it's half way through the game and there is ahead of me empty seats can I move up?). Or talegating and bp, tips. Stuff like that.

If you need to get up to use the bathroom or get food, do it after the inning ends (or when a TV timeout starts).  Nothing bugs me more than sitting next a couple of morons paying no attention to the game, yapping though the inning break and then getting up and in front of me right after the first pitch of the inning is thrown.  In other words when it comes to standing up, etc., be aware of those around you trying to watch.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

For that Reds game you can probably move closer in later innings as it's unlikely to be very full and it'll be last home stand of the season so the ushers probably won't mind if people move forward. I've been doing it all summer. Cheap tickets is the only benefit of having such a lousy team. It's funny, but in the dozens if not hundred Reds game I've been to I can't say I've ever gotten to a Reds game early enough to see BP. I imagine that would be cool to see. 

Pregame there's a bunch of spots around the ballpark for a bite and a drink. Holy Grail is usually where I go. It is right across the street from the stadium. Postgame should have fireworks and maybe a music act. 

As far as etiquette goes just be nice and have fun and don't swear around small children. Not really much to it. If you're wearing Red Sox colors don't worry about it, nobody will hassle you. The recent down years have made us quite accommodating to visiting fans. 

I was hoping you reply back on the Cincinnati game, I'm looking at being 4 rows away from the left field fence, so I don't think moving up is gonna be a big issue there. And yes looking like fireworks after. What other cincy things should I do for the next day? 

Archived