Atlanta Falcons Concept -updated with unis

LogoFan

So something hasn't been sitting right with this logo for me and I just realized what it is. The "vertical" on the wing is just shy of 90 degrees, like it's 88, maybe, and it causes some visual dissonance being so close to but not right on vertical. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the logo it's based on, which uses a true vertical.

rATMcmK.png

I like the red helmets best.  But the black are almost as good...not a fan of the white or silver.  1B and 2B are the best of those two colors. 

The logo's great.  It's a nice median between the two.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 1:11 PM, Whittier S said:

So something hasn't been sitting right with this logo for me and I just realized what it is. The "vertical" on the wing is just shy of 90 degrees, like it's 88, maybe, and it causes some visual dissonance being so close to but not right on vertical. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the logo it's based on, which uses a true vertical.

Yeah...I was torn about having a slant vs not having a slant (as a nod to the original logo or current one).  I think as I kept working on the logo I forgot it was off a bit but I do think the tilted wing makes it look a tad more aggressive.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I generally prefer traditional uniforms, but I think this is a case where a more progressive number font and perhaps even pant stripe (maybe something that ever-so-slightly mimics the shape of a wing?) might actually benefit this excellent concept. 

Archived