Best College Football Uniform Matchups: Week 7

ckunz

With the 2017 College football season officially getting underway this weekend, I saw lots of eye-friendly games as well as a few that weren't so pleasing. Below are a few of my favorite uniform match ups from week 1. Feel free to add any opinions as well as your favorite looks. 

New Mexico State @ Arizona State 

After having the most bland uniforms in all of college football, the Aggies have a fresh look this year thanks to Under Armour. The combination of the ASU burgundy and NMSU maroon make the ASU gold pop even more2017 asu vs nmsu.jpgscotty.jpggreat scott.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montana State @ Washington State

IMO, Washington State has the best uniforms in football. You can't match that color combo. MSU brings that UW feel so maybe that's why I like it so much. 

Now that my top 3 are out of the way. Feel free to comment with your favorite looks from this week! tackle.jpgusa_today_10257450.jpgwazzu.jpg

8 hours ago, ckunz said:

With the 2017 College football season officially getting underway this weekend, I saw lots of eye-friendly games as well as a few that weren't so pleasing. Below are a few of my favorite uniform match ups from week 1. Feel free to add any opinions as well as your favorite looks. 

New Mexico State @ Arizona State 

After having the most bland uniforms in all of college football, the Aggies have a fresh look this year thanks to Under Armour. The combination of the ASU burgundy and NMSU maroon make the ASU gold pop even more2017 asu vs nmsu.jpgscotty.jpggreat scott.jpg

Arizona State is actually wearing burgundy here, aren't they? It's so dark I thought it was black...

25 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

1024x1024.jpg

california-north-carolina-football-86724

usa_today_10254003.0.jpg

841919048.0.jpg

Yup, that was my choice too.

Admittedly I'm biased since I'm a Cal fan who now lives within a stone's throw of UNC's campus, but just look at this! The patterns, the colors, the simplicity...it's so great.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

21 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Yup, that was my choice too.

Admittedly I'm biased since I'm a Cal fan who now lives within a stone's throw of UNC's campus, but just look at this! The patterns, the colors, the simplicity...it's so great.

I thought I would miss our Nike set more but UA did a good job , especially with keeping the matte helmet. 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Just now, Sleeper66 said:

This is probably somewhere on the boards, but what's up with the Cal stripes? What's the Nike-speak on those?

It's based off of a building on campus, the Campanile. Full story here: http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/5/31/athletics-news-the-story-of-the-sather-stripe.aspx

Image result for campanile stripe

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

IDK that this is one of the best match ups of the week but it was really aesthetically pleasing from the stands with a great mix of colors. The Louisville helmet is gorgeous in person, pictures do not do it justice at all.

636399904346667184-UofL-Purdue04-Sam.jpg

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

One that hasn't been mentioned yet but still looked pretty nice was Mississippi State vs. Charleston Southern:

IMG_7096.thumb.JPG.b62ae7c6da3a57ce02f05623705eaa29.JPGIMG_7097.thumb.JPG.85deb35a3c9a156a70dbe2ad97bed42f.JPGIMG_7098.JPG.11a2ecd02cf269154eb6370bfc54508f.JPG

Mississippi State's set looks tremendous now that there's a unified striping pattern, and, even though CSU's uniforms are just a generic and somewhat boring Nike catalog set, they're pretty clean and inoffensive overall. I thought there was a really nice balance between CSU's white/white/navy and MSU's maroon/maroon/white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Midway said:

I've never cared for Michigan wearing alternates, but there was something about the all-maize that just sat right with me...

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1517.PNG

The wings on the helmet really help make this look better than if their was a logo on the side of the helmet. I think that plus the socks help make this look great . 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Whichever mod moved this, can you please restore the part of my comment that talked about the uniforms themselves?

As far as the looks themselves, I think Arizona State's unis would look good on a black/yellow team, but it's weird to see a burgundy-free uniform on a burgundy/yellow team (not maroon btw). Utah State would look better with white pants and Washington State would look better with a silver helmet. I agree that UW-USU is a sharp-looking matchup.

7 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

My top 3 + 1 Honorable Mention (App St v. Georgia)

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1427.PNG

IMG_1429.JPG

As a BYU fan, I appreciate the love for those royal blue jerseys. However, BYU wins about 1 in every 5 games they play while wearing them. 

Alabama speaks for itself but I really really like FSU's collar as well as shoulder design. 

I've always loved Temple's design as well as font. UA does a really good job with them. Notre Dame falls under the same category as Alabama; classic.

Archived