High school football posters

Section30

With the football season starting I decided to start a new series where I make posters for my high schools upcoming football games, this may evolve into other sports as time goes on but for now I'm sticking to football. These designs will be posted by my schools super fan twitter page for the game days.

For the first home game of the season I decided to keep it simple with the team helmets facing one another. At the top is the phrase "Let them eat cake" which is a reference to the city of Edina being known for having money and being a generally snobby area that the rest of the state loves to hate, and they have gotten the nickname "Cake eaters" for this reason. The background features a US flag because the students will be wearing red white and blue. The bottom has details about where the game will be played and when with the Rosemount football slogan at the bottom. It's a pretty simple design to start with but I plan on doing more intricate designs for future weeks.

59b1a008927e9_footballposteredina.thumb.png.adc444dee0e0f7acdbf939ae61aadf7b.png

Let me know what you think!

Very nice poster! good hierarchy and color choices (not to mention ripping on those cake eaters form Edina ;)). It's a very impressive poster!

I went and played at Eagan, and dated quite a few girls from Rosemount so it's fun to see local schools on here. Rosemount/Eagan next week will be fun!

Here was my design for this weeks match up, my Irish took on Eagan and got the dub in "The Pit" which is the name the Eagan students refer to their student section. It's a pretty simple design with the primary colors of each team and a player in each teams uniform on their side. let me know what you think!

59bd86244d9c5_footballpostereagan.thumb.png.0ba857bbfab432fee26715d32f74fc72.png

On 9/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, Section30 said:

Here was my design for this weeks match up, my Irish took on Eagan and got the dub in "The Pit" which is the name the Eagan students refer to their student section. It's a pretty simple design with the primary colors of each team and a player in each teams uniform on their side. let me know what you think!

59bd86244d9c5_footballpostereagan.thumb.png.0ba857bbfab432fee26715d32f74fc72.png

That looks good, what is the name of that white font?

This Week our school celebrated it's 100th year and were featuring this logo that I had actually made so I knew I had to use it in this weeks design. I went for a simple design with the super fans in the background and the information for the game and nothing too crazy. Let me know what you think!

59c98f10e1e11_footballposterfarmington.thumb.png.b2452d9dac8bd28bab88b595514fd4cc.png

• 9 months later...

Hello again everyone, I've decided to take a quick break from my Minnesota Amateur Hockey League series in sports fan-fiction to bring this series back with designs for the upcoming season. The designs I posted here last year got seen by the Rosemount High School Football Boosters who contacted me about making posters to hang up in the school for the upcoming season. I reused the basic design that I used last year for the two of the ones this year and I will put them in this post.

The first poster is almost an exact copy of last years game against Edina. Only I don't know what "color out" it will be so I left that out of all the posters. The only real differences between this one and last years are the background and location. Not too much to say about this one, IMO this is the weakest of the ones that I made for this year.

8YnpcCs.png

So this is out of order but I wanted to get the ones I did last year out of the way. This is a redo of the one I made for the game against Eagan last year, this time it is against Farmington. It is a split poster, half in Rosemount's Navy and half in Farmington's orange. There is a player in both sides in the uniforms of either team. The phrase "No Luck Needed" is on the front, this is a play on our nickname, the Irish.

tQuOkUT.png

Let me know what you think, I will post the designs I made that are new for this year shortly!

The first new design is in our game against Eastview. I tried to make the poster simple to allow the player and the letters to pop. The design is a player in Rosemount gear with the team's slogan "The Power of One" bold in front. The background is a faded thunderstorm over a football field. I chose a thunderstorm because Eastview's nickname is the Lightning, I thought it would be a good way to tie in the opponent without it being too obvious.

YDT9ON5.png

This year the pink out game is against Eagan, so I knew I had to make that a big part of this poster. The design is just some simple striping on the sides in the school colors with the school's logos at the bottom corners. The striping has a football leather pattern for texture. In between the striping there is a picture from last years game with a Rosemount player stiff arming a Wildcat, and in front of that there is a pink breast cancer ribbon.

mwa8jBl.png

Let me know what you think!

The next poster is for the game against Lakeville South, it is our Homecoming game. I split the background into 3 parts; the top part is the team running onto the field, the middle is the student section or Super Fans, and the bottom is a Rosemount player diving to block a punt. The foreground lists who is playing and when, as well as that it is homecoming, but my favorite part of this one is the Super Fans flag that can be seen at every Rosemount football game in the stands or running around the field after touchdowns.

RKrrnEc.png

Up next we have the poster for senior night which is against Burnsville. I tried for something simple like the one against Eastview, this time though I split the poster in half. One side is blue and the player is wearing Irish gear, the other side is white and wearing Burnsville's uniform; I really like how this one turned out.

vMCoCdo.png

And finally here is the last game of the season against the Shakopee Sabres. This is my personal favorite poster of the bunch and I think it really shows how much my design abilities have changed in a year. This poster is a close up of a Rosemount player, in the reflection of his visor are the Irish running out on to the field. In the background there are the superfans faded white with the team saying in the top right corner in white.

g7ErBYo.png

Let me know what you think! Now that I have posted all of these I'll be going back to my other series, the Minnesota Amateur Hockey League, feel free to check it out if you want!

Great work, especially the last two! I just wish high schools would stop ripping off NFL and NCAA teams and start hiring aspiring designers. I was surprised to click on a high school football thread only to see what I thought was a Michigan vs. Eastern Michigan poster. You should definitely show them any logo designs you come up with, but don't expect them to shell out any money for them. I had one of our rival high school's football coaches contact me to design their helmet decal, and then when he saw it he said it was "too creative" and told me they couldn't pay me. Hopefully you have better luck!

Just now, nate.sweitz said:

Great work, especially the last two! I just wish high schools would stop ripping off NFL and NCAA teams and start hiring aspiring designers. I was surprised to click on a high school football thread only to see what I thought was a Michigan vs. Eastern Michigan poster. You should definitely show them any logo designs you come up with, but don't expect them to shell out any money for them. I had one of our rival high school's football coaches contact me to design their helmet decal, and then when he saw it he said it was "too creative" and told me they couldn't pay me. Hopefully you have better luck!

Thank you, and I completely agree about the lack of creativity high school teams have. Looking back, literally every team in this thread either has a logo or uniform that is a complete ripoff of a college or professional team.  I'm currently working on a logo set that I plan on submitting to Rosemount when I'm done, hopefully it could lead to us having a unique identity.

• 1 year later...
On 7/15/2018 at 8:02 PM, Section30 said:

And finally here is the last game of the season against the Shakopee Sabres. This is my personal favorite poster of the bunch and I think it really shows how much my design abilities have changed in a year. This poster is a close up of a Rosemount player, in the reflection of his visor are the Irish running out on to the field. In the background there are the superfans faded white with the team saying in the top right corner in white.

g7ErBYo.png

Let me know what you think! Now that I have posted all of these I'll be going back to my other series, the Minnesota Amateur Hockey League, feel free to check it out if you want!

This one is just completely badass. I love them all but this one is my favorite

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Archived