New Seattle Seahawks alternate logo

Germanshepherd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Actually since most NFL animal/bird/people logos are side profiled, I'd love to see a head on look of the Bills, Lions, Cardinals, Pats, Dolphins, Ravens, Broncos, Panthers, Jags, etc. as well. 

Agreed!  That would be an awesome undertaking for the concept section.  I could see two different routes.  A very literal one were the logo is imagined head on and another where a front facing logo in the teams visual identity was created.

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Hard to believe a company that has made priceless items such as this is struggling:

IMG_1039.JPG.3fe6c8a3a980541a623fae8b627e7618.JPG

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I would happily yield to your interpretation, because in my interpretation it's kind of a bad policy, applying broad strokes where individual consideration is best. 

An anniversary mark is specifically listed as something that should not be given its own thread.  So are "tertiary marks", although that's not defined either in the policy or on the team pages.  This seems to fall into that category, since the seahawks already have two logos in strong rotation, the helmet logo and a version with the wordmark.

I don't read "we don't necessarily need individual threads when..." as "do not make threads for minor tweaks or secondary logos".

I believe that is worded that way because they're saying that they do need new threads for major things, so that line is to let someone know that it's not a violation to post a new secondary logo in the megathread.  It doesn't mean that the secondary logo has to be in the megathread.

Could a mod weigh in?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Could a mod weigh in?

This is a tough one. The guidelines suggest that anniversary logos, tertiary logos, and minor uniform tweaks don't need their own threads. 

I don't consider the Seahawks' wordmark to be a secondary logo. I tend to view wordmarks as separate entities from the "primary, secondary, tertiary" system. 

It also seems like this new logo is getting a bit more usage than your normal tertiary mark. We poke fun at Twitter, but I think the fact that the team is promoting it there means it's something they want to promote as an important part of their brand. 

So I would say that it's completely fine to give the Seahawks' new logo its own thread. I'd separate the discussion myself but I'm in phone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived