P.I.L.L.

15 hours ago, mcrosby said:

stop deleting your old stuff. We all want to see how far you've come. 

There were a few previous versions on page 3. I didn't delete them ? !  I understand the thread being odd w/o the progression.  I've refined the logo with 3 styles of stitching and slighty thicker outline on the more realistic stitching + added other my older Washington DC themed logos

DC BASEBALL

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

All but one image on Page 3 shows up as deleted on my end. Maybe there's a weird bug?

not sure, however page 4 still shows several slight variations, (no longer on my flickr page), had thought that ccsl site saves the image even without the URL? ) 

32 minutes ago, P.I.L.L. said:

not sure, however page 4 still shows several slight variations, (no longer on my flickr page), had thought that ccsl site saves the image even without the URL? ) 

No, the boards do not save images. If you've deleted it from your third-party hosting site, it doesn't show up on the boards anymore.

A screenshot of @P.I.L.L.'s last post as it appeared on my computer:

xW9nkWm.png

You may have a stored version of the image in your browser's cache, which is why it might still be showing up for you. But if it's gone from your flickr account, it's not showing up for anyone else.

5 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

A screenshot of @P.I.L.L.'s last post as it appeared on my computer:

xW9nkWm.png

You may have a stored version of the image in your browser's cache, which is why it might still be showing up for you. But if it's gone from your flickr account, it's not showing up for anyone else.

makes sense now... whoops!

DC Baseball 102618 cj

return to realistic stitches + micro changes to natural curvature "bowing" of font - making entire shape slightly more horizontal overall (actually in accordance with

the city of Washington DC ( as there are no skycrapers allowed) + patriotic seperation of colors D&C: Democrat (Red) & Republican (Blue) party

I'd thicken up the lines on the baseball to get them closer to the grey stroke on the DC. I don't think you need to get as detailed with the seams as you currently do either, really simplify it down for use at a small scale. 

Right now it looks like a clipart ball on top of the DC, try to mesh them together a bit more and make the ball a logo instead of a drawing. 

2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I'd thicken up the lines on the baseball to get them closer to the grey stroke on the DC. I don't think you need to get as detailed with the seams as you currently do either, really simplify it down for use at a small scale. 

Right now it looks like a clipart ball on top of the DC, try to mesh them together a bit more and make the ball a logo instead of a drawing. 

Thanks a lot...  I agree it was looking forced, so simplified the stitches further,  and though it's not exact proportion to realistic ball (that many were calling for) it fits the bolder letter form.  I'd go with a thinner letter font, however it doesn't present well, esp. from a distance

DC Baseball concept 102618

5 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Try making the baseball outline the same as the letter outline. The black outline is just an added color that's not necessary. 

DC Baseball concept 102718 greyoutlineg

grey outline on ball + slightly more space between stitching towards center of ball...

The smooth shadow on the baseball invokes a cue ball to me. I think that shadow is a distraction that I would remove.

I haven't gone through this whole thread, so maybe it has already been brought up.

It's where I sit.

49 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The smooth shadow on the baseball invokes a cue ball to me. I think that shadow is a distraction that I would remove.

I haven't gone through this whole thread, so maybe it has already been brought up.

DC Baseball 102918 redblue

lowered and reduced shadow / Red vs Blue political parties

Archived