Sunday Champions League (#20 Washington Americans and #21 Dallas Tornadoes)

9innings

A small suggestion to take your work to the next level - when you put your logos on real life helmets, try to clean up the areas of the helmets where equipment is blocking the logo. On your latest Myrmidons logo, part of the logo is completely off the helmet and part of the logo is showing up over top of the chin strap.

XcryMwi.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am traveling this weekend so I will be posting two tonight.  From the SCL's Eastern Division, please welcome the Maryland Wildcats.  The Wildcats are not named for any particular reason.  It is a classic mascot not used in professional sports.  There have been years when we have flirted with changing them to something with more local significance but ultimately decided that history is history and decided to stick with it.  The Wildcats started as the team that you forgot in the East.  You had big time franchises like New York and Washington taking a great deal of the headlines.  But as of late, the Wildcats have shaken off that stink and have been one of the best teams in the league.  In 2013, the Wildcats led by QB Jason Love won the biggest blowout in ESPO Bowl History.  The Washington-Maryland rivalry is one of the league's best. Every Sunday you can hear Cats fans shouting One Cause! One Corps! BMore! HardCore!  

Maryland1.png

Maryland2.png

Maryland3.png

Maryland4.png

Maryland5.png

Maryland6.png

Next up we head west to the desert.  The Phoenix Fury have had some of the best offenses in league history.  This is in large part to future Pantheoner QB Luther Hawkins.  'Hawk' revolutionized the quarterback position.  His ability to use his legs extended plays for his arm to make it big.  His #1 is retired in Phoenix.  Phoenix is one of only a handful of teams to go to three ESPO Bowls.  They won one when they put up 50 points! The only time for that to happen in league history.  They were also on the losing end of two of the bigger upsets in ESPO Bowl history.  Their look is black, orange, and silver.  The Fury nickname combined with the Rattlesnake look gives them a unique identity.  There is not a shortage of snake puns in the desert.  Here you go! Please enjoy both Maryland and Phoenix and I'll be back on Monday.  

Phoenix1.png

Phoenix2.png

Phoenix3.png

Phoenix4.png

Phoenix5.png

Believe it or not we are over halfway through the league.  As the league finishes I will post season by season breakdowns.  But for today, welcome the Colorado Grizzlies.  Any bear moniker is a winner for me.  The logo is obviously the flag logo with a bear replacing the yellow circle inside of the C.  The primary colors always pop.   I loved that Colorado State trotted out State Pride jerseys last week.  The look is eerily similar to what we envisioned for the Grizz. The Grizzlies have been to two ESPO Bowls, they have won one.  

COL2.png

COL3.png

COL5.png

COL8.png

COL9.png

We head to our nation's 2nd City.  Our next addition to the SCL's Central Division are the Chicago Gaels.  The Gaels moniker was chosen for two different reasons.  First, for the Irish heritage that is prominent in the city.  Second, if you spell the word GALE it means a tremendous WIND.  I have always liked the Baylor, Cal Poly, and William and Mary colors.  It is underused yet classic look in the pros.  As for the logo, it was one of the more challenging ones for me to do.  It is Gaelic knot interlocking with the letter C.  I think it looks pretty Irish looking.  Chicago fans, I wish I could say that the Gaels have had a tremendous history.  They however have not.  We'll get to all of that soon.  But for now, be kind, and welcome the Chicago Gaels. (There are touchups that need to be done, but you can see where I'm going).

Chicago1.png

Chicago2.png

Chicago3.png

Chicago4.png

Chicago5.png

55 minutes ago, 9innings said:

We head to our nation's 2nd City.  Our next addition to the SCL's Central Division are the Chicago Gaels.  The Gaels moniker was chosen for two different reasons.  First, for the Irish heritage that is prominent in the city.  Second, if you spell the word GALE it means a tremendous WIND.  I have always liked the Baylor, Cal Poly, and William and Mary colors.  It is underused yet classic look in the pros.  As for the logo, it was one of the more challenging ones for me to do.  It is Gaelic knot interlocking with the letter C.  I think it looks pretty Irish looking.  Chicago fans, I wish I could say that the Gaels have had a tremendous history.  They however have not.  We'll get to all of that soon.  But for now, be kind, and welcome the Chicago Gaels. (There are touchups that need to be done, but you can see where I'm going).

Chicago1.png

Chicago2.png

Chicago3.png

Chicago4.png

Chicago5.png

Interesting name and logo for this one. Cool concept. My only concern is that sharp point under the word mark (between the "l" and "s", but below) doesn't seem like it should be there. 

Sorry for the absence over the weekend.  Next up are the ALABAMA ANVILS.  Known around the league as simply the A's, Alabama is known for one thing: power football.  They have the distinct honor of having won the first ever SCL Championship.  They went 10-0 in their first season on the road to ESPO BOWL.  LB George Greene was inducted into the first ever class of the SCL Pantheon.  Additionally, the A's have always had an elite running back and killer defense.  The first RB was #20 Barry Orr, who holds the record for most rushing yards in a single season.  He was the first to hit the 2,000 yard mark.  He was inducted into the Pantheon in 2016.  The next was dynamic scat back #22 Reggie Race, who just signed with Colorado this past offseason.  Last year, the A's drafted bruising RB, Benjamin Kilroy who came in second in the Rookie of the Year voting.  As for the look, the A's have a simple design.  I was channeling LA Tech with this set.  I have always liked the Patriots throwback uniform, and wanted to do a blue version of that.  Often the A's will wear all white at home.  

ALABAMA1.png

ALABAMA2.png

ALABAMA3.png

ALABAMA4.png

ALABAMA5.png

ALABAMA6.png

ALABAMA7.png

Thanks @BellaSpurs.  We weren't trying to have unique names on purpose.  That's just how it turned out.  Today's installment are the Lancers from Detroit.  The Lancers are a good and respected franchise in the SCL.  The Lancers, like the Eagles of the early 2000s, went to 4 straight conference championships.  Detroit finally broke through in 2009 and won the ESPO Bowl.  The Lancers and Turfdogs are bitter rivals and often race one another for the Central Division title.  RB LaBDanian Jordan and LB Herman Jones are two of the most revered players in franchise history.  As for the concept. The Lancers look is inspired by the Georgia Bulldogs. I tried to go with a more classic look for the logos. One is a big block D with a knight head and the other is simply a shield.  Detroit is one of my favorite franchises in the SCL.

detroit1.png

detroit2.png

detroit3.png

detroit4.png

detroit5.png

detroit6.png

I apologize for the long delay.  Life has been busy.  To make up for the absence here are two teams to debut.  The first up today are the Washington Americans.  The Americans were one of the first teams that were made.  They have been a team with moderate success. They finally made it to an ESPO Bowl in 2011 but ultimately fell short to a superior team. Their fierce rival are the Maryland Wildcats.  Every matchup between these two franchises is a color rush game.  Maryland wears red, Washington wears blue.  The team's look is a simple one.  Colors are red, white and blue and the logo is a stripe filled "W" and "A".  One of the helmets has this logo and an alternate I'm playing with is the shooting star logo.  

Washington1.png

Washington2.png

Washington3.png

Washington4.png

Washington5.png

Next up is one of our most successful teams in league history, that is in the regular season of course.  The Dallas Tornadoes.  The Tornadoes have a number of players in the SCL Pantheon.  #7 Jay Robinson is known as the grandfather of the SCL.  He was the face of the league in its early years.  He held most of the league's passing records when he retired in 2005.  He was a part of the first class in the pantheon.  The ever-colorful, WR Curtis Dingle and RB Halo Pittman provided the Tornadoes with a feared 1-2 punch.  The Tornadoes have never won the ESPO Bowl.  But they have accumulated the most regular seasons wins in league history. They follow the Saints color scheme.  The logo is not where I want it at the moment but I wanted you to be able to get the idea.  #21 the Dallas Tornadoes.

Dallas1.png

Dallas2.png

Dallas3.png

Dallas4.png

Dallas5.png

Archived