NBA Blacktop Series by Bruins

Bruins

eVyQf67.jpg?3

This is a project I'd had in my head for a long time, and I finally decided to make it happen. My concept for the NBA to be taken outdoors for the first time in history, the NBA Blacktop Series. The BS if you will. As crazy as it sounds, I think it would be possible if done right for an NBA game to be played outside. I mean if they can do it with hockey, they can do it with roundball. The more outlandish part of the idea is a proposal for the game to be played on an actual street court, Chicago's Margaret Hie Ding Lin Park Court in this case. It would fit in well with the NBA's mindset and would be kind of like bringing players back to their roots, where it all began, on a humble street court. So below are all the facets of what I think this could/should look like.

LOGO

The logo for the Blacktop Series is simple and uniform, but still hanging on to some uniqueness while serving as a kind of ode to Chicago's Hie Ding Park, with the underside of the El tracks center stage on the logo and court alike. Any further games would fit this same half-circle logo template.

7ctMFcS.jpg

SECONDARIES

jAn2W9c.jpg

UNIFORMS

The matchup for the inaugural Blacktop game is Pistons/Bulls which i think is a healthy enough rivalry, esp. city wise, to kick the series off.

The jerseys are noticeably button-up which will serve as a distinct icon of outdoor b-ball. Chi-Town's uni has a black base with the colors of the city's flag as bold accent colors. The Flag Shield secondary from the event logo is the sleeve patch and the flag's four six-point stars are an accent underneath the numbers.

9N0p21E.jpg?1

Detroit's jersey is much more understated with the D from their new logo on the left breast and the new logo itself as a sleeve patch. Motor City silver is the base.

Mv3W9ES.jpg?3

SEATING PLAN

mnFDdLF.jpg

C&C hugely appreciated as this is the biggest single project I've done yet, so I'd love to hear what you think of the first installment of the NBA Blacktop Series! Thanks guys

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I don't mean this as a criticism because I really love the premise of this series, but is there a reason the uniforms are so low-resolution compared to your other concepts?

That aside, I really like the designs (the main logo in particular is spectacular). I do think the jerseys should either be pullovers with sleeves or normal sleeveless basketball jerseys. Right now these are essentially baseball jerseys with NBA logos and wordmarks on them, which would probably look weird on a basketball court. 

I used 2 different programs in a way i don't typically, so i guess somehow it turned blurry.

Thank you! I hear you, it was a pretty big risk, and i guess it didn't work. So, I'll rework it with standard tank jerseys, should look a lot more basketballish.

Thanks for the help!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

5 minutes ago, Bruins said:

I used 2 different programs in a way i don't typically, so i guess somehow it turned blurry.

Thank you! I hear you, it was a pretty big risk, and i guess it didn't work. So, I'll rework it with standard tank jerseys, should look a lot more basketballish.

Thanks for the help!

On an unrelated note, are you still continuing your MLB Brandiose series? 

29 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

On an unrelated note, are you still continuing your MLB Brandiose series? 

Oh, no doubt, that's still priority #1, I plan to tackle all 30 teams before I'm done.

Lz5f6vZ.png

If you'd like to keep the jerseys distinct, you might consider raglan sleeves. Or perhaps a cap sleeve.

Otherwise, I'm digging the logo and jersey designs so far.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Do Lakers VS Clippers At Venice Beach

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

I was just looking at this again, and noticed that the secondary shield for Chicago is already within the primary. Very nicely done.

I do have to ask, though, what is the 't' in blacktop signifying? Roots?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived